Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 harddrive data kit CD??Help!!!

• 09-07-2009 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have the disc that came with the official data transfer kit for upgrading the harddrive?
    I have the cable but need the cd that came with it,as there are other methods through pc but a bit risky.

I'm waiting on the hard drive (120gig) to arrive as I only have a 20 gig at the moment.

I will pay and return the disc when finished.

Anyone who can help me PLEASE! just send me a PM.

Thanks a lot!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Anyone can help PLEASE!!!:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

im pretty sure when you buy a 120 GB har drive you get a transfer kit with it

if not ring microsoft and ask them to send one out free of charge

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    im pretty sure when you buy a 120 GB har drive you get a transfer kit with it

if not ring microsoft and ask them to send one out free of charge

Only for an Elite I'm afraid:mad:

Ok thanks anyway.

Microsoft emailed me back saying that they only send out to people who want to upgrade from 60 gig to 120!

If anyone out there has the disk PLEASE pm me and I will pay to borrow and return it.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

why don't you try to use your pc to do that. It is simple. Just need to replicate whole folder structure from one hard drive to another.
    Use xplorer360 and you will be fine. And because you don't write anything on the original hard drive (at least you're not going to) it is safe.
    If it won't work for the first time, reformat the new hard drive and try again.

Really nothing to be scared of and there are plenty of tutorials and help on different forums how to do that.

BTW if you didn't know it already, you can connect your transfer kit to usb port on your pc and use the X360 hdd as external one ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Sorry for hi-jacking slightly, would it be possible to just put in a 120gb drive yourself? if so what type of drive should be gotten (IDE or SATA?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

You would need a Western Digital SATA drive BEVS series and mod it with HDDhacker or something, but that's a subject for another thread ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭keithoh

Hi Bros123

I have a copy of the disc. The disc should come with your 120G harddrive along with the cable if it's an official MS hardrive, mine did. If you don't get the disc with your hd I'll gladly send it on to you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

What is the best way to move game files from a 20gb Hard Drive to a 60gb one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

rovert wrote: »
    What is the best way to move game files from a 20gb Hard Drive to a 60gb one.

Memory card and lots of patience?

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Actually now I think of it, even if you get a lend of the memory card, just copy your gamertag over to the new console, then just re-download everything from your "download history" and then use the licence content transfer tool, and all your stuff will be valid on the new console, you can only do this once a year as far as I know!

Link -

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Fieldog wrote: »
    Memory card and lots of patience?

:o

I find a memory card do the job anywhere and the ones that I find are just for non game files (music etc.)

Advertisement