Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council to dig Barna up again.

Options
  • 09-07-2009 12:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

No doubt ye will all be delighted to hear that Barna is to be dug up again in 2010 or 2011 .

http://www.galwaynews.ie/8095-plans-upgrade-water-supply-barna-and-moycullen
    Provisions have been made for a new reservoir at Barna and extra storage at Moycullen, as well as an upgraded pipe distribution network from Tonabrucky to service both areas.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

For The Love Of Christ :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Forgot to mention that the horrible potholed collapsing roads up around Tonabrocky and Bushypark and Rahoon and Barna will not be repaired until AFTER this scheme is done .

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

That's next year or year after, I'll save my complaining until it actually happens...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Plans have been put in place by the city and county councils to upgrade the water scheme serving Barna and Moycullen and other areas to the west of the city.

Under the Scheme additional water will be brought from Terryland Treatment Works to the Tonabrucky Reservoir site.

Extra storage capacity will also be put in place at Tonabrucky.

Provisions have been made for a new reservoir at Barna and extra storage at Moycullen, as well as an upgraded pipe distribution network from Tonabrucky to service both areas.
    It doesn't say where the reservoir is to be located in Barna. If it's off the main road then it might not impact the traffic too much. Of course, that could just be wishful thinking on my part!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I have also heard that the road will be dug up for a gas main.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The Gas Main is supposed to follow the City Bypass and the new R336 route , mind ya if both of those are long fingered they will simply dig up the existing road as they do .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

for crying out loud - can they not THINK AHEAD for once, and dig up the road once, put everything in and some empty pipes for some future extension just in case, think about drainage, potholes, get it right first time, and be done with it? This really gets my goat!

Do they get extra pay for digging up roads thrice? Do companies and the council not talk to each other and coordinate efforts to minimise impact? F*cking hell, it really is annoying.
    Third world country thinking at it's best.

Advertisement