Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray pint price-watch

Options
  • 09-07-2009 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

What's the cheapest pint in Bray? I know the Harbour do Bavaria for €3 but it's horrible, and I'm a stout drinker. More than €4 for a pint is far too much in my book. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Stokes

Can of Bavaria covertly smuggled into the bac-bar. Pint of water emptied on the floor. Pour can into said pint glass. Price = €1

Apologies - eclectic garden!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Stokes wrote: »
    Can of Bavaria covertly smuggled into the bac-bar. Pint of water emptied on the floor. Pour can into said pint glass. Price = €1

Apologies - eclectic garden!

Bray pint price-watch is the topic. Not ways to avoid paying for booze in a bar.

Stick to topic please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 rossinator

Pint of Porter House Plain only 4.10 Not too bad, closest to that i think is your going get Beamish, Generally 3.85 in most places. Prefare Porter House Plain myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

What's the cheapest pint in Bray? I know the Harbour do Bavaria for €3 but it's horrible, and I'm a stout drinker. More than €4 for a pint is far too much in my book. Any suggestions?

I dont mind a Bavaria. I think people think its cheap cos its, err, cheap in price. I drink it when in Holland.

Price of beer here are mental. They blame pubs financial state on smoking ban and police stopping drink drivers... i think they should look at the fact its about 4.80 a pint that might be killing the trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

ciaran67 wrote: »
    I dont mind a Bavaria. I think people think its cheap cos its, err, cheap in price. I drink it when in Holland.
    I agree .. I lived in the Eindhoven area when I lived there, and Bavaria was the "local" brew, nothing wrong with it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Price of beer here are mental. They blame pubs financial state on smoking ban and police stopping drink drivers... i think they should look at the fact its about 4.80 a pint that might be killing the trade.

Completely agree. Could not afford to go out more than once a month or more. Been drinking minerals and non alcoholic beer myself for the last while and its not a lot cheaper!!

foxy06 wrote: »
    Completely agree. Could not afford to go out more than once a month or more. Been drinking minerals and non alcoholic beer myself for the last while and its not a lot cheaper!!

The amount of hammered people in my cab on Saturday doesnt seem to of put off a lot of people though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

rossinator wrote: »
    Pint of Porter House Plain only 4.10 Not too bad, closest to that i think is your going get Beamish, Generally 3.85 in most places. Prefare Porter House Plain myself

I love the plain down in the porterhouse. Lovely drop altogether. 3.85 for a Beamish has a lovely ring to it in my book anyway though. And you know what they say, if you like one you'll like the other (Guinness, Beamish..)...it's not like it's a Lidl version of Guinness.

I love the plain down in the porterhouse. Lovely drop altogether. 3.85 for a Beamish has a lovely ring to it in my book anyway though. And you know what they say, if you like one you'll like the other (Guinness, Beamish..)...it's not like it's a Lidl version of Guinness.

I find it much sweeter. It was quite popular where i lived in London for a while back in the 80's. I'll have to give it ago again.

Advertisement