Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GI Bread in Dublin

Options
  • 09-07-2009 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

I'm looking for a bakery that does a line in GI Bread in Dublin..... I've found this bread in bakeries in Longford and Tullamore. For anyone not sure what it is, it's brown, crusty and has plenty of seeds and nuts. It's like Rye Bread but it's definitely different..... It tastes delicious:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Pinyo

Hi!
    did you find it??
    I am looking for low GI bread as well... I found out that LifeFibre brand is pretty good for it (but not tested...), and another bakery in Kerry apparently they do this breads.
    any information welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

There is a small bakery on Talbot Street that does it. Don't remember the name though. Its beside Eason's and the Irish Life Mall. We've been eating this bread for months and only found the name out today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Pinyo

hey, I found Low GI tested bread in Dunnes.
    it is Stafford Low GI (that's the actual name). it is not with the sliced bread, it is in the stands were they have more fancy soda breads and so on, but it is very good price!
    hope it helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭boosh_fan

I've got that low GI bread in the Centra on Mountjoy St too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 whelehanswines

The most delicious GI bread which I have come across and whihc fits your description perfectly is baked by Cavistons Bakery in Glasthule, I am certain this is the one that you are seraching for. This bakery is run by the Cavistons food emporium in Glasthule. If my memory serves me right a loaf is €2.95.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭ElectraX

I would second going to Cavistons. It's not the cheapest place in Dublin by any means but their food is amazing!! I used to regularly buy their low GI bread when I lived out that way, and it's the best I've had. Problem is the place is so nice, it's likely you'll go in for a loaf of bread and walk out with thirty euros worth of stuff:D

Advertisement