Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Armed Robbery on Pearse Street

Options
  • 09-07-2009 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭

The Pig and Heifer deli on Pearse Street was robbed at gunpoint yesterday afternoon. Some local scumbag stuck a gun to the owner Pedro's head and got away with 800 euro.

The Gardai were called during the robbery by the girls in the shop opposite and picked up the guy a while later. He hadn't even bothered wearing a mask and presumably was recognised.

Scary stuff.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Glad he was caught. Luckily those girls saw it happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

WindSock wrote: »
    Glad he was caught. Luckily those girls saw it happening.

Definitely. I'm in there every day and hate to think that some f*cking lowlife was in there threatening them and shoving a gun in their faces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Now they know how their customers feel-€6 for a sandwich!!

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

latenia wrote: »
    And the winner is:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

latenia wrote: »

Everyone knows you only eat in there when someone else is paying! :p

I do get my morning coffee in there from Gabi every day though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Is that the place where builders sit outside the shop near the busy junction with Shaw st(leading to the train station) or am i thinking of somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

I think I shall get a sandwich in their Amiens Street branch today, purely as a gesture of solidarity.;)

Advertisement