Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is Mary O'Rourke up to?

Options
  • 09-07-2009 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

She called out last nite for the An Bord Snip Nua report to be published in full, while everybody else in FF has remained silent to buy time til they decide how to spin it. But Lenihan is her nephew, so why would she want to embarrass him. Cos no doubt Enda Kenny will now be citing her earlier statement when he calls for the report to be released as well.

She's near retirement at this stage and no doubt a very lucrative pension having been a minister, maybe she doesnt give a fk any more and can afford to carry on with reckless abandon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

I reckon there is some sort of power struggle within FF. Some people want it released and the more hardliner FFers dont. Lenihan wants it released, Rourke is just campaigning on his behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

maybe she's had enough of the sitting govt playing for time while they try to come up with a plan and failing repeatedly....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

She called out last nite for the An Bord Snip Nua report to be published in full, while everybody else in FF has remained silent to buy time til they decide how to spin it. But Lenihan is her nephew, so why would she want to embarrass him. Cos no doubt Enda Kenny will now be citing her earlier statement when he calls for the report to be released as well.

She's near retirement at this stage and no doubt a very lucrative pension having been a minister, maybe she doesnt give a fk any more and can afford to carry on with reckless abandon.

Mary O'Rourke owes FF nothing. Her brother was shafted, she was shafted in 2002. As you say she is near retiring so she probably just wants to speak her mind. Fair play to her I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

Could the Lenihan/Biffo divide come to a head over this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

spadder wrote: »
    Could the Lenihan/Biffo divide come to a head over this?
    I hope so.

I get the feeling we'd be much better off if Cowen didn't keep holding back Lenihan.

EDIT: Although Cowen looked almost sober on the last Q&A

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

i like mary o rourke , i like the womans self deprecating humour which often masks a sharp intelect

its well known that lennehan is willing to engage in cuts but the gutless biffo is holding him back for fear of loosing the one vote that fianna fail still stand a chance of holding , lennehan may actually want whats good for the country

• Registered Users Posts: 18,418 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

irish_bob wrote: »
    i like mary o rourke , i like the womans self deprecating humour which often masks a sharp intelect

its well known that lennehan is willing to engage in cuts but the gutless biffo is holding him back for fear of loosing the one vote that fianna fail still stand a chance of holding , lennehan may actually want whats good for the country

O' Rourke bottled it with the LUAS and as for lennehan , NAMA is such a noose around our necks that that the damage will only become apparent after he has hightailed it out of dodge , I dont see any redeeming features with either of them

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Advertisement