Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idea

• 09-07-2009 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭

Myself Orizio and and the other boards cup Admins have had an Idea.
    While the cup is running why not make a newsletter sort of thing with match reviews, team of the week, a few articles, some stats and the draws maybe before their posted.
    We're still going over ideas. Teams will get reviewed (which could help the manager) and maybe the odd interview. Overall it will be like all the things that Orizio did for the last cup and more, put into one newsletter every week or so.
    Were still not 100% on whats going to be put in and what everyone wants to be put in. Were not sure if we'll send it out by PM or just make it into a thread. Thats why we made this thread, to see everyones thoughts on the idea, and to get a bit of advice.
    And of course one big question would be the name! Something witty would be great. All that I could come up with is,
    The Irish BRrrrr boards cup newsletter Sponsored by COKE(Irish blackoutRugby Boards cup Newsletter)
    and if that gets used then we're in trouble:D.
    I'm Going to leave you in the words of Bo Burnham. How will we get this done?
    Like a tampon theif we have to pull some strings
    :D

Good Idea? 10 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 10 votes
    Maybe depends . . .
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

I for one think a newsletter is a great idea.

Previews, reviews, interviews and team of the week stats. (maybe even per division).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Are you planning on having it centred on Boards teams or on the Irish scene in general? It's a good idea alright and would make it seem a bit more life like for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Are you planning on having it centred on Boards teams or on the Irish scene in general? It's a good idea alright and would make it seem a bit more life like for sure.

Centered on the boards cup;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

ajeffares wrote: »
    Like a tampon theif we have to pull some strings

lol, wtf??? :D

I think this is a good idea. Let's role.

I don't think I'm in the cup..or has it started? I'd play in it, but if I'm being HONEST, it would have to be treated as a second rate competition for me, as I continue my persuit of Play-off / Second Division rugby :(

So could we make a deal that EVERYBODY plays WNWIM??? :D

Sounds good, focused on the Boards teams? Or the Irish teams in general?

• Advertisement

[Jackass] wrote: »

I don't think I'm in the cup..or has it started? I'd play in it, but if I'm being HONEST, it would have to be treated as a second rate competition for me, as I continue my persuit of Play-off / Second Division rugby :(

I think thats the plan, at least for the group stages
    Sounds good, focused on the Boards teams? Or the Irish teams in general?

BOARDS CUP;)

How about we try it for the teams listed here for the next while? That covers the cup and the progress in the league.

I would agree, my aim is to try and make it to Div 2 in my first two seasons!! (Aim high and all that!) so I'm using the friendlies for training and blooding subs..

How about we try it for the teams listed here for the next while? That covers the cup and the progress in the league.

I think were just waiting on the website to be finished and then the cup is as good as ready.
    As far as I know, when its an official cup we can have it on a tuesday (or maybe a different day) so that would mean all the teams involved would get extra training and would still be able to play a friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

I think were just waiting on the website to be finished and then the cup is as good as ready.
    As far as I know, when its an official cup we can have it on a tuesday (or maybe a different day) so that would mean all the teams involved would get extra training and would still be able to play a friendly.

Its a hard life for the virtual Rugby player isn't it. A league game, a cup game and 2 friendlies in the same week!

The in game training would be great on the Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

You ae not in the ie boards cup Jackass, I just assumed you thought yourself better then the rest of us and left you to your self-delusion... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Regarding the cup itself, we are still waiting on chup and the website. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

Would love to participate in the cup. I just started playing but think it would be a grand experience.

My team - Killarney RFC

***Edit***

Just saw the signup thread and realized the cup has already been formed. Good luck and I'll look forward to hopefully playing next year.

Orizio wrote: »
    Regarding the cup itself, we are still waiting on chup and the website. :(

I PMed him. It says hes been online today, so he must be ignoreing us:(

Coming out next friday, We still need a name . . .

Jeff's Journal

jprender wrote: »
    Jeff's Journal

Orizio and maybe a few others will be writing articles also

Jeff's Journal + Others

Jeff's Journal + Others

I did laugh!

I think Jeff's Journal, and then you can have some celebrity contributors each week. Perhaps even get quotes from rival managers before the game. Stir it up a bit.

eg. Jeff's Journal with special guest......ORIZIO !!!
    Also on page 5, Zaraba and Jprender talk tough.

Im not too pushed about the name but I was thinking something a little less specific to ... well ... me:D

• Advertisement

Im not too pushed about the name but I was thinking something a little less specific to ... well ... me:D

Don't be shy ;)

however it does mean that you have to remain journalist for the rest of your life. unless another jeff comes along.

Thats exactly what I was thinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Orizio wrote: »
    You ae not in the ie boards cup Jackass, I just assumed you thought yourself better then the rest of us and left you to your self-delusion... ;)

Well....I did consider would it be fair competing, being so much better than everyone else...and was a big factor in my decision to abstain!! :D

But next time I'll play :p

Well....I did consider would it be fair competing, being so much better than everyone else...and was a big factor in my decision to abstain!! :D

But next time I'll play :p

If you sign the thread now you could still prob play as a sub

Advertisement