Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Command and Conquer 4 Announced.

Options
  • 09-07-2009 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/commandandconquer4/news.html?sid=6213111&tag=topslot;img;1

This is fantastic news in my opinion! I loved Tiberian Sun and based on the information from the interview the final chapter in the series is set to be explosive.

- Coop Campaign Returns.
    - 10 Player Multiplayer.
    - RPG Element with Heroes.
    - "The Crawler" is an interesting concept that could lead to innovative strategy techniques.
    - Conclusion to a great story.
    - Return of classic units.

Only downside is, that it will be developed exclusively for PC. I know that is how it is meant to be played, but it would have been nice to include the consoles since RA3 was quite successful.

The interviewed developer also reveals that the subtitle for Command and Conquer 4 will be decided by the community, so anyone want to make a suggestion?

Anybody have any ideas they would like to see implemented into the game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

ffs will they make up their minds with the bloody mammoth tanks.

Tiberium sun they turned them into walkers.

Then in 3 they reverted back to the classic design because people perferred it, but did a sh*tty job of explaining away the step back in technology.

now its back to walkers again.

ffs

there is a c&c forum.

I enjoyed c&c3 and red alert 3, but online suffers from serious inability to get the balance right.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I wonder will they try and make the gameplay more tactical,I doubt it,probbly the usual rush fest,I'll get it alrite though i'd say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

I wonder will they try and make the gameplay more tactical,I doubt it,probbly the usual rush fest,I'll get it alrite though i'd say.

it is tactical, ur just playing the wrong RTS games

edit - by that i mean play starcraft ^^

more really tho, i didnt like aliens coming into it in the last one. as soon as they showed up i didnt bother continuing to play. now that i look at my cd rack i cant find it. c'est la vie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

as a side the scrin were surprisingly fun, rather clever and original in multiplayer (though horrible imba for a long time, and probably still are.) but as a conception they were quite dull.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Liber8or wrote: »

Thats not a downside,thats a good thing :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Yeah means they won't have to dumb it down at least. PC only will mean it'll be a better game in all.

Advertisement