Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i am using component cables

• 09-07-2009 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

i am using component cables to connect my non hdmi to my 720p hdmi tv.

i keep hearing that components are the worst quality.

is there a better way i can connect them??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Component is completely fine and in most cases gives as good a picture as HDMI can give.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

amacachi wrote: »
    Component is completely fine and in most cases gives as good a picture as HDMI can give.

This is true. Generally the only restriction of Component can be that some TV's will only display 1080p with a HDMI connection. However, if your TV can support 720 on Component it might support 1080i with the same connection. Give it a try!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Component will display 1080p games if your TV is capable but only VGA or HDMI will upscale DVDs to 1080p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

From the wording of the OP I think the TV is 720p.

From the wording of the OP I think the TV is 720p.

I know but I was just expressing the fact that pic quality doesn't vary much between cables unless using a 1080p TV so the OP should be fine with what he/she has

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,788 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Component = good

Composite (red white and yellow leads) = worst quality you can get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

isnt aux cables(the cable from an aerial) the worst

LD 50 wrote: »
    isnt aux cables(the cable from an aerial) the worst

They're coaxial cables and are pretty good, but 360s don't use them

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭apkb

so what sort of connection do i need to connect it to a hdmi tv, if my xbox isnt hdmi

my tv might not be 720 but thats the settings i have my xbox on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

apkb wrote: »
    so what sort of connection do i need to connect it to a hdmi tv, if my xbox isnt hdmi

my tv might not be 720 but thats the settings i have my xbox on.

component is the right choice here I think

if your telly has a vga connection you could use that but would need to cpnenct sound seperately through audio lead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 TheMeatMan

i can get 1080p from the component and i think it looks better than it does with the HDMI cable

Advertisement