If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chasing a receiver & speaker package

Options
  • 09-07-2009 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi Lads,

Didn't make it up for the £/€ deal last week, but really need to get moving now.

Have been running a PS3 and full HD Panasonic screen for a while, but really want to sort the sound out. Need speakers, receiver and some speaker cable. Probably 2 pair of speaker stands too.

Want to keep everything HDMI and upscaling, so figuring on a Denon 1910 or an Onkyo 607 (no stock of prev models I'm guessing?).

Would team 1 of those up with something like a KEF 2005.3 system - small room. Would like the 3005's fancy looking Subwoofer, but can't stretch the budget I don't think.

Will definitely need speaker stands for the rears, probably the front too.

Can you give me an idea of pricing and availability on these?

Cheers,
    Dog

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Bad,

apologies for thed elay in getting back to you!

OK I do have a few of the Denon AVR1909 left in premium silver that I can do at £349.95 / €409.99 (It's still €599.99 in a popular Dublin store!!! :eek:)

If yuo wanted to match that with the Kef 2005.3 pack in Black- the total package would be £939.90 - and we would include free delivery countrywide with that pack.

Alternatively you could go for the excellent shiny new Onkyo TXSR607 which we can do with the same package at just £969.99 again with free delivery.

If you wanted then to spice things up a bit and get something of excellent quality, but ideal for a small room you could have a look at a Monitor Audio Radius HD pack (you can ask Boardies - loads of boardies have them now - they are superb!) we can do a Radius 45HD satellite /180HD dedicated AV centre/ 360HD Subwoofer pack - with a Denon AVR1909 at just £799.95 or with a TXSR607 at just £869.95 - the Radius 45HD pack on it's own in the UK retails at over £900 - meaning that you just about get the Receiver free...... The Radius 45's come complete with excellent quality wall brackets and the pack features a dedicated matched voiced AV centre and the finish is just superb and available in Walnut or Piano Lacquer Black or White - see details here: http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/radius-hd

Again thanks for the mail - sorry it's taken so long to get back to you and please do drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

Thanks again,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

BadDog wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

Didn't make it up for the £/€ deal last week, but really need to get moving now.

Have been running a PS3 and full HD Panasonic screen for a while, but really want to sort the sound out. Need speakers, receiver and some speaker cable. Probably 2 pair of speaker stands too.

Want to keep everything HDMI and upscaling, so figuring on a Denon 1910 or an Onkyo 607 (no stock of prev models I'm guessing?).

Would team 1 of those up with something like a KEF 2005.3 system - small room. Would like the 3005's fancy looking Subwoofer, but can't stretch the budget I don't think.

Will definitely need speaker stands for the rears, probably the front too.

Can you give me an idea of pricing and availability on these?

Cheers,
    Dog
    You should investigate using the Onkyo 607 with the new Panasonic NeoPDP panels if that's what you have, there may be hand-shake issues there, not sure. Maybe a call to Onkyo before you purchase would be better to confirm compatibility. No experience myself, just heard that there may be probems. Maybe there's a firmware update already.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

..mmm yes we have had a (very) few really weird issues between the new Panas and the new Onkyo recently nothing major or that effects picture/sound quality but mainly switching ones like this one (wait for it you will all say it's impossible)

Onkyo 607+Pana TXP+Pana BD blu-ray - when you connect the 3 together via the 607 using HDMI the BD just switches into a locked mode - interesting we thought....:rolleyes: but sure we will disconnect the HDMI between the Blu-ray and the 607 - and just use analogue phono cables - no problem!!! ahem - the issue was still there! :eek: disconnect the TXP and the issue is gone :eek: - how can a Blu ray receive a signal from a 607/TXP via a one way outgoing analogue cable??

Anyway Dave & Matt our resident geeks did a temp fix via Optical & Component links and the technical bods at Onkyo are looking at a software fix (it does not happen with other TV's or BR's) - at least Onkyo are approachable and care and do generally come back with solutions to specific issues unlike some other manufacturers who would just regard issues like this as a one off and gloss over the issue!

Life - don't talk to me about life!

John Mc

PS as below - if any Boardies do have handshake issues we are happy to pass them on to Onkyo and do our best to get 'em sorted for you

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 BadDog

Thanks for that John, and apologies in turn for the delayed response.

Like the ideas there. Definitely don't want a silver receiver (just won't match the rest :rolleyes:), so the 1910 or 607 in black sounds like the best option.

I actually heard the Radius 180HDs with the 90s for rears in the UK a while back, and was very impressed, but ruled them out as the TV is not wall mounted. Maybe the 45s would be a good option. Although, you mention that these are ideal for a small room... maybe the 90s up front would add a bit more flexibility in the future if I move somewhere with a bigger room?!?! How much do these add to the package cost?

In any case, I think the best is to come up and hear this for myself... Is there any chance that you happen to have the MA & KEF packages setup with the Onkyo & Denon receivers for an audition.. perhaps this Sunday?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.