Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Martin Cullen is pointless

• 09-07-2009 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭

What is the point of Martin Cullen on this Earth. I read ysterday the Our minister of Sport , has asked our superb A1GP winning team to do a feasability study on bringing a round of the A1GP to Ireland. Why the hell does'nt he get off his big Monica Leech loving hole and do one himself if it will be so wonderful for Ireland. He is an embarrasment .

http://www.rte.ie/sport/motorsport/2009/0708/a1gp.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭bladespin

What does a minister for sport actually do?:(

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

bladespin wrote: »

Pours money into the GAA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah. We have a minister for Sport in this country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Seems fair to me TBH. He's hardly going to do it himself for every minority sport is he? Lets face it, circuit racing is a minority sport in Ireland hopefully that will change, but for now that's the way it is. Its up to A1 and Team Ireland to prove that its going to be worthwhile and feasible if they want the support of the minister.

Can't believe I just defended a politician, but I digress.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

A wise move considering the current uncertainty there is about A1GP in the future. Mark the day, it's one of the rare times when Cullen gets something right.

The alternative is that the Masonic Golf Lodge or the Provisional GAA start ****ting on about how much money has been wasted on this study when it would have been better off propping up a developer's tax dodge or making under the counter payments to intercounty players...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

I would have thought it would be up to the promoter of an event to do a feasibility study then go to the minister for support, money etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Watches it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Stays out of trouble... whilst retaining a seat at the cabinet for purely geographical party-political reasons (Waterford 'needs' a senior cabinet minister). If a useless waste of space like Martin Cullen must be given a ministerial role, at least this is one where he can't do too much damage.

Advertisement