Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Mechwarrior game revealed

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

im sure plenty of MW veterans will be annoyed that its not a proper SP experience, and Free to play can be very hit and miss, ive played some atrocious ftp games, going to stay optimistic about this though, really need my mech fix looked after :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Meh, come back to me when it's a porper singleplayer game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

More info on why there was a change of direction here.

Personally I think it could be awesome, the franchise really lends itself to a larger scale Planetside-style MMO. It could also allow them to add other types of vehicles in the future, outside of Mechs, which could fight alongside you.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,332 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yeah the SP was fine and all but I like the direction they are going in, as it's a good chance to emphasize clan warfare and the scale of the game universe.

Wonder how dropships will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

gizmo wrote: »
    More info on why there was a change of direction here.

Personally I think it could be awesome, the franchise really lends itself to a larger scale Planetside-style MMO. It could also allow them to add other types of vehicles in the future, outside of Mechs, which could fight alongside you.

You play Mechwarrior: Living Legends?
    It's a Crysis mod that you start as one of those little battle armour dudes that are so fun to step on. Kill stuff and buy tanks and stuff, work up to Mechs.

Its actually a lot of fun.

I pray for the sound bite;
    Reactor.... Online.
    Sensors.... Online.
    Weapons... Online.
    All Systems nominal.

• Advertisement

I pray for the sound bite;
    Reactor.... Online.
    Sensors.... Online.
    Weapons... Online.
    All Systems nominal.
    http://www.noblefusion.com/graphics/mw/nominal.wav

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Overheal wrote: »

I think i'll play some Mechwarrior later :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

yeah im going to download mechwarrior 4, its free now right?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

sounds sweet tbh, one of the best childhood nostalgia memories :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

You play Mechwarrior: Living Legends?
    It's a Crysis mod that you start as one of those little battle armour dudes that are so fun to step on. Kill stuff and buy tanks and stuff, work up to Mechs.

Its actually a lot of fun.
    Downloaded it when it reached open beta in '09 (christ that was two years ago) but for some reason haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Shall definitely do so soon though, it really looked impressive at the time.

Pfft you're not as old school as me so.

love it:
    Remember the good old MechWarrior days? When players built mechs designed to overheat and shut down with a single firing mechanism that would shoot off 4 PPCs and instantly turn baby mechs into dust?

When we used to get excited just thinking about piloting a DC Atlas or rocking out an all missile turret build? Mech limbs flying everywhere? All connected to the internet via 56k where players could read up on mech building tips on the Prodigy bulletin boards?
    http://www.examiner.com/online-games-in-national/mechwarrior-online-free-to-play-and-on-the-way

Advertisement