Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Techno / Trance clubs in Galway

Options
  • 09-07-2009 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

Hey there. I'm not sure whether this would be better suited in the Clubbing forum, but i might get more of a response here so here goes.

Can any of you recommend techno or trance clubs in Galway? I was at a techno gig a couple of years ago in the Black Box which was pretty good. I'm just wondering what sort of music scene is in Galway, and where to go. :)

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

You get the odd nights here and there but there is no weekly techno or trance nights afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

No there arent (for one I'd be interested). Just the odd night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Cheers lads. I'll keep an eye on the Clubbing forum so, as there have been a few gigs posted there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Keep an eye out for gigs downstairs in the cellar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Upstairs in the Pucan on some saturday nights. not sure of any website though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

The Cellar's prob the best spot, look out for stuff run by Lower State..

Cheers lads. :)

110th St play the cellar downstairs (now known as Deeper but still referred to as "downstairs in the cellar") on the Sunday night of each Bank Holiday. Not trance, but kind of techo-y. At least more techno-y than funky like they used to play.

In general, downstairs in the cellar on fri and sat night will be your best bet for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

attachment.php?attachmentid=744&stc=1&d=1247082607

kraggy wrote: »
    110th St play the cellar downstairs (now known as Deeper but still referred to as "downstairs in the cellar") on the Sunday night of each Bank Holiday. Not trance, but kind of techo-y. At least more techno-y than funky like they used to play.

In general, downstairs in the cellar on fri and sat night will be your best bet for it.

great craic downstairs cellar.. this is 110th street last time i was at it. one of the lads took a video

watch out for fish go deep aswell.. brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

great craic downstairs cellar.. this is 110th street last time i was at it. one of the lads took a video

Fish go deep are legends in their own right but play deep house so they are hardly going to satisfy the (dubious) tastes of a trance head.

Ha ha. Just spotted me and my friends in that.

Just called An Pucan and they said the club there is no longer open.

However, I see gigs listed. Strange. Can anyone confirm this?

The club upstairs? They're talking ****ee. It was open last night. The gay night was on there anyway. Unless maybe they're talking specifically the dance nights that are held on saturdays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pepeee70

there was GPO - just perfect on saturday nights with a big djs names..
    but recently owners changed and as i heard there is no more goog gigs on saturdays...

Advertisement