Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden planets prices?

Options
  • 09-07-2009 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭

:eek: WTF i went into forbidden planet looking for some gaming memorabilia figures like GOW, HALO ETC and i couldnt believe the prices am i being over the top or are their prices crazy?

also isthere a cheaper way of finding said figures?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

:eek: WTF i went into forbidden planet looking for some gaming memorabilia figures

You mean toys dont you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

CCCP^ wrote: »
    You mean toys dont you?
    thanks cccp il remember that lol! and yes for the record toys and obviously for a child not me lol;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

There manga/anime section is very overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

In general, FP's prices are way OTT. eBay is the place to get those figures, you'll find them at half of what FP charge. It's nice to see the stuff in real life in FP, then buy online! You'd think they'd have made their prices competitive at this stage...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Mr. K wrote: »
    In general, FP's prices are way OTT. eBay is the place to get those figures, you'll find them at half of what FP charge. It's nice to see the stuff in real life in FP, then buy online! You'd think they'd have made their prices competitive at this stage...
    thanks! seriously i went in and couldnt believe the prices! i hope they will be pushed into lowering prices as it is rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Be informed, and vote with your wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

If you head to them during the sales you can get lucky and pick up great stuff on the cheap, but if you wait too long it'll just be crap left. Kinetic^ definatly had the best advice for you anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

The FP up in Belfast at one point sold the SF4 TE arcade stick (RRP: £150) for £200 (or, to give that particular price its proper technical term, £OMGWTFBBQ). Last time I checked it was down to a more reasonable (insofar as such a price can be considered reasonable for what is, let's face it, still only a game controller) £160.

Still, they've got nothing on the (non-FP) shop in Southampton which, I am told, sells - or sold - them for £250 (£FFFFFUUUUUUUUUU).

Advertisement