Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book club relaunch - feedback wanted.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

gudbuzz wrote: »
    cool can i join too?! have wanted to do something like this for ages but none of my friends are great readers..

Of course - Information here! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭TedB

turgon wrote: »
    :D

Unfortunately some of those books I didnt really want - like Pride and Prejudice, Wuthering Heights, Moby Dick and Silas Mariner - that are classics but were just readily available on BookMooch, as opposed to most modern classics. So Im not too pushed and thats another reason I buy new books.

It can be frustrating trying to get through a backlog. Especially as I want to read more history, and most of my books are literature. I did get Fosters Modern Ireland book in the Book Depositories sale though. Apparently its real good ;)

Oh? heard good things about Fosters book did you? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭gudbuzz

great thanks, they dont really sound too great to me but il tackle them anyway!! u never know..

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭MissRibena

I'm a long time lurker but would like to give this a go. I've often seen the reminders about the 'real-life' bookclub here and wished there was something similar near me in the sticks - maybe this would fit the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I ordered my copy of death and the penguin yesterday!!

count me in!

• Advertisement
Advertisement