Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW EPIC FAIL thread **IT'S BACK!**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I always find it funny that with the long list of stuff you can hold against wrestling (the characters, storylines, jokes etc), it's the fact its "fake" which annoys non-fans the most...

Wait it's FAKE? :eek::eek::eek: I really thought Kane could summon lightning bolts :(

At least we still have interesting documentaries such as those about that archaeologist fellow Indiana Jones. Now if those were fake....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I always find it funny that with the long list of stuff you can hold against wrestling (the characters, storylines, jokes etc), it's the fact its "fake" which annoys non-fans the most...

Isnt that what the rest of us are here for, shadow? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Whoop!! My favourite thread returns:D:D:D

To listen to me now:
    nmf3ur.jpg

and 1 more thing
    GTFO.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

2 decades ago I woulda understood the fake arguement as having potential for a being non trollish but tbh nobody who watches wrestling these days except maybe some 7 year olds think that wrestling is anything but a tv show with pre-determined in ring results.

thankfully on boards PW thanks to this thread the people who still make that arguement are in essence trolling themselves. Epic fail thread FTW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

The only thing I can think of why people still think this, is because they were "fooled" when they were kids... Someone's gotta tell the media; people are "fooled" by practically every TV show and movie that's ever been made!

People are missing out, there's nothing else in the world like Pro-Wrestling. Probably the best explanation to help them understand would be 'go watch Beyond The Mat or Wrestling With Shadows'.

or if you're keen, WrestleMania XIX and then "The Mania of WrestleMania"; to see just how interesting the on-screen stories are, and also the backstage stuff even more so. Fascinating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 listen to me now

jaykhunter wrote: »
    My niece doesn't watch wrestling (she's 16) but my bro does, but he hadn't seen any wrestling in a month. So I put on the main events of every RAW from Punk's promo @ Raw Roulette up until the Money in the Bank main event. So that's well over an hour of wrestling. She stopped whatever she was doing on the comp/ipod to watch CM Punk.

Thought that was pretty awesome. I hope Punk succeeds in his want, "to make wrestling cool again". :)

Wrestling is only cool to ten year olds. I cant believe how many adults actually watch it in america and follow it like its a real sport. comical

Wrestling is only cool to ten year olds. I cant believe how many adults actually watch it in america and follow it like its a real sport. comical

For the 2nd time today
    GTFO.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Why are you posting in a pro wrestling forum if you think its comical and you dont watch it? Id say you actually do watch WWE often.

Go back under your bridge, troll.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

hmm odd, guess that poster hadnt been banned yet when moved here the 1st time... Now he is!

fun fun fun, guess mine and Jay's last two posts in here were far intellectual, it was asking for trouble

I'll come clean; I wanted to make sure 100% sure it was a trolling and not just some extremely simple child. :p Plus i'm still getting the hang of the modding options. Cheers BH

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Didn't even notice it was that time of the month again

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hehe, he made a similar topic over on After Hours...

Awww!

I had a reply all typed up.
    Oh well, ill stick it here, i suppose:
    You should have started this thread here before trolling it in the PW section.
    ye but people talk about these ACTORS like there real fighters. it annoys me

They may not be real fighters, but they sure as hell arent just actors.
    If you think its all acting, give FFPW a call down in bray, sign up for a few classes and see how much shít you get knocked out of you.
    http://www.fightfactoryprowrestling.com/

As for the "Its not real" argument.
    Does that stop you from enjoying with a movie? Are you one of those who stands up in the middle of cineworld and inform everyone else that the character who just got shot is in fact, not dead?

Wrestling is all about entertainment, whatever way you want to look at that.
    its got athleticism, this can NOT be disputed. Again, if you dont believe me, give the lads from bray a call and tell them that you want to give it a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭bobjimmy

Wrestling is fake!!

Just saying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

bobjimmy wrote: »
    Wrestling is fake!!

Just saying

f98Y9.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Sing along with me.. Epic Fail thread, Epic Fail thread, Oh by Gawd I Love Me some Epic Fail Thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

Wrestling is fake!!

Just saying
    Yeah, good lad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Wrestling is fake!!
    Just saying

My friend wrestling is not "fake"! It is a controlled environment with a pre meditated outcome!

"just saying"

Wrestling is fake!!

Just saying

IS THAT YOU?! LITTLE (bob)JIMMY?!

R-Truth.jpg

Grab your rotten tomatoes...this thread has re-opened!

• Advertisement

Ah, it's good to see this thread again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

This song sums this thread up nicely:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Wrestling is fake!!

Just saying

Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Wrestling is fake!!

Just saying

This is for you

Epic_Fail_by_thepaintrain.jpg

Just saying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Welcome back thine sweetest of threads

I'm so glad this thread is still going so i can drop this nugget in here..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79343615&postcount=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,131 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CMpunked wrote: »
    I'm so glad this thread is still going so i can drop this nugget in here..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79343615&postcount=1
    I'm David Long and I can do what ever I ****ing want

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Who the **** is David Long?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Who the **** is David Long?

The Irish Indies answer to Vince Russo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

What happened between DCW and MSW? Did a few talent quit DCW in favour of MSW or is it something more sinister than that?

Advertisement