Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

claire byrne I've had enough!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

Firetrap wrote: »
    Maybe not but she should not be presenting a current affairs program on a national radio station. Its a presenter's job to give the listeners the news of the day/important issues in a professional, impartial manner. Not to let the listeners know how she feels or what she thinks.

This seems to be a failing across Newstalk generally: neither Eamon Keane nor George Hook make any effort at objectivity or impartiality.

That said, they both at least sport a sense of humour and generally seem somewhat better informed on the subjects at hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

This seems to be a failing across Newstalk generally: neither Eamon Keane nor George Hook make any effort at objectivity or impartiality.

That said, they both at least sport a sense of humour and generally seem somewhat better informed on the subjects at hand.

Eamon Keane is the worst. He gets on my wick in a big way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Firetrap wrote: »
    Maybe not but she should not be presenting a current affairs program on a national radio station. Its a presenter's job to give the listeners the news of the day/important issues in a professional, impartial manner. Not to let the listeners know how she feels or what she thinks.

True enough. But, she's not the worst broadcaster on irish radio by a long chalk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

salonfire wrote: »
    Ivan stepped on her toes this morning when he said something like 'you should know why Irish men are the worst lovers' She was rightly pissed off!

I'd say her nose is a bit out of joint now with Ivan beside her

That was unbelievable actually! She urgently needs a sense-of-humour transplant, I don't know if it's just Ivan but she comes across as bizarrely touchy.

Ivan playfully asked her if she agreed with such-and-such a person that Irish men make the worst lovers and she said something like she was not going to honour the question with an answer. When Ivan replied that he didn't mean to offend her (again in a light-hearted manner), she responded with "I'm offended that you think I might even know the answer to that question". I was staring at the radio thinking "WTF?!!".

All credit to Yates for managing to put up with the prima donna.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Ardent wrote: »
    That was unbelievable actually! She urgently needs a sense-of-humour transplant, I don't know if it's just Ivan but she comes across as bizarrely touchy.

Ivan playfully asked her if she agreed with such-and-such a person that Irish men make the worst lovers and she said something like she was not going to honour the question with an answer. When Ivan replied that he didn't mean to offend her (again in a light-hearted manner), she responded with "I'm offended that you think I might even know the answer to that question". I was staring at the radio thinking "WTF?!!".

All credit to Yates for managing to put up with the prima donna.

She has notions of herself that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 The Cavaliers

Couldnt care less about her journalism , shes bloody HOT thats enough for me!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

More vacous nonsense today on the breakfast show. On top of the 5 minutes each morning with Tom Dunne, which is bad enough, today we had a section on whos winning x factor, and Gordon Ramsey's plastic surgery, and a bit about the apprentice in there maybe as well. All of this because it's a Tuesday, as 'normally that's a monday chat' for us.:rolleyes:

If this programme was 3 hours long outside peak drive time hours, I could understand them taking a bit of light relief, but they only go for two hours, and there must be a quarter of that taken up by filler at this stage. On Friday they've even now got a guy on to tell us what happened while we listened to the show during the week, and what the most popular subject for texts where...........

Must do better Newstalk. I know from Brendan O'Brien's Saturday and Karen Coleman's Sunday shows you can do a strong news programme.

If there was a strong alternative morning commute news programme other than Morning 'TASS' Ireland, I'd be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Karen Coleman's Sunday shows
    Now there is a presenter with no personality. Sounds awfully rigid and serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

grenache wrote: »
    Now there is a presenter with no personality. Sounds awfully rigid and serious.

I actually like her, and I think her personality suits the type of show.

she doesn't let much pass.

she's also very well researched on the majority of the topics

unlike claire were she's left like a rabbit in the head lights DUR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

Karen Coleman certainly doesn't seem to have much in the way of charisma or charm, but she is good at her job (which has little requirement for either).

As for what Claire Byrne brings to the party, your guess is a good as mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 madmikec

Yes I agree with many contributors, Claire isn't the brightest. Ger Gilroy used to balance that, but he seemed just a bit juvenile.

Ivan Yates makes me grit though and I can't listen to the morning show.
    He's just not meant to be on Radio and sucking up to Geroge Hook doesn't add any credence to him. He's just not a journalist and that shows.

Advertisement