Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a good boarding kennel in Co Clare

• 09-07-2009 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I am going on a holiday to County Clare in August. The first weekend my partner and me will attend a wedding at a hotel. After that we will stay in a cottage in Clare with our dog.
    We are looking for a kennel that can take the dog in for the first 2 nights when we are in the hotel. We will be in Spanish Point, but obviously don't mind driving for a bit to the best kennel.
    Can anybody recommend a kennel?
    Thank you

Eva

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

I'd highly recommend the kennel I use.... Ballycar Boarding Kennels. They're in Newmarket on Fergus, just a 10 minute drive from Shannon. Lorna is incredibly good with dogs and has great knowledge of breeds... The dogs have spacious quarters which are spotless clean, heated when needed, huge area for off lead exercise... My last German Shepherd, Xena, spent most of her stay in the house being fussed over by Lorna's dad!
    I couldn't recommend her highly enough- wouldn't use anyone else.

Her number is 087 6642465 (landline: 061 368924)
    You'd need to book as soon as you can cos she's very busy....

Tip: make sure your dog's had the kennel cough vaccine in the last 11 months....and obviously up to date on vaccines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

+1 for Ballycar. I've left my dog with Lorna before when we've been flying out of Shannon. She's great with dogs and the kennels are fab. As said before though, you had better be quick because she's very popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ngreer

Hi all,

Just a bit of heads up regarding this kennel. My girlfriend and I have left our bichon to Lorna twice and found them brilliant. The dog had a great time and was wrecked for ages after each visit. HOWEVER!! We are flying to New York next week for 4 nights and rang Lorna to book in our little fella while we were gone. Because Lorna operates under strict hours it only suited us to drop him up the evening before we fly and collect him the evening we land back. We booked those but were a bit confused to be told it would cost €84 for the 6 days. We talked about it and assumed there was a mistake but when my girlfriend rang back today to query this we were shocked and disgusted with what happened next. Lorna informed my girlfriend that if we dropped our dog at 5pm today and collected him at 5pm tomorrow we are charged for 2 days which we felt a little sneaky but let it slide. My girlfriend had arranged for her mother to bring the dog to the kennel AFTER dropping us to the airport which was a day less and he was to be collected the evening BEFORE we land and changed the booking. A few minutes later Lorna rang my girlfriend back to say she would not accept changing bookings at such late notice. She has a "huge" customer base and will not tolerate it. She also (and this is what made my blood boil) said "if we can afford to swan off to NYC then whats €24" . Absolutely disgraceful, disparaging and downright rude thing to say to people who had availed of her service with no complaints. Not exactly an ideal way to run a business or talk to previous customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dogluver

I have used a few kennels and have been quite lucky with the one I have now. To be honest if I dropped off a dog at 5pm on Monday and collected her on Tuesday at 5 pm if the owners is doing a daily rate that would be right. I mean I wouldn't expect the first day/night to be free. There is no excuse for her being rude tho...:D

Advertisement