Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refused a residents parking permit in Dun Laoghaire

Options
  • 09-07-2009 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi
    I've just been refused a residents parking permit in Dun Laoghaire. :mad: I live in an apartment and my boyfriend's car occupies the space with the apartment so I need an on-the-road permit. I was refused because I live in an apartment block and DLR council don't allow apt's permits apparently (no explanation was given why).

There are only 6 apartments in our block and we're in an area of the town that doesn't have any other apartments on the same road. I understand that they don't want really large apartment block-loads of people getting permits in the centre of town but why not allow small developments like mine the parking permits.

Does anyone know if I can appeal this or get around it some way? Has anyone had any luck appealing, was thinking of writing a letter but not sure if that will change anything.

All help / advice welcome please! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Are there only 6 spaces in the block?

Maybe one of the other residents doesn't drive and will let you "borrow" their space?

Where abouts in DL, you may be near a free parking street?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Are you near the harbour? If the worst comes to the worst, you could get a parking permit for that?
    My employers subsidise mine, but I think the full price is €25/week. It is crazy that you can't get a permit, it sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sm!ley_face

Cookie Monster - No, everyone uses their spaces unfortunately. I'm near the York Road area, are there 'free' parking streets around there?

LimeFruitGum - yes, it is pants :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Looks like the Ombudsman has overturned a ruling in Cork, where they were also refusing parking permits to apartment residents - see http://www.labour.ie/press/listing/1247737281285782.html

You might want to refer the council to this judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sm!ley_face

Looks like the Ombudsman has overturned a ruling in Cork, where they were also refusing parking permits to apartment residents - see http://www.labour.ie/press/listing/1247737281285782.html

You might want to refer the council to this judgement.

Thanks a mill, I'm going to write to them and see how I get on, I'll reference the ruling in Cork - hopefully that will push a few buttons!

Thank you for your help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lainey_b01

Hi, just wondering if you got sorted with parking permit from dlr? In apartment block that stupidly has only one space per apartment despite pretty much all apartments been at least 2beds.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

As far as I am aware there should be 4 parking permits available per building so the apartment block should have 4 on street permits available

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lainey_b01

Just called DLR council and no joy :mad:

Advertisement