Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung M8910 Pixon12 - 12 Megapixel cameraphone

• 09-07-2009 5:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭

I've mentioned this handset in the Nokia N86 thread and discussed the topic of the ever increasing megapixel count on cameraphones in the past, but I was wondering what people thought of the latest batch of handsets, like the Samsung M8910 Pixon12, that are coming out with 12 megapixel cameras?

Some specs of the Samsung M8910 Pixon12 are below and further information can be found here along with a review here:

- 3.1" 16M color resistive AMOLED touchscreen, 800 x 480 resolution
    - 12 megapixel with auto-focus, LED and Xenon flash, 28mm (30mm effective) wide-angle variable aperture lens
    - Quad-band GSM & HSDPA 7.2 Mbps
    - Wi-Fi
    - GPS with A-GPS
    - 150 MB internal memory
    - microSD card slot

samsung-pixon-12mp-1.jpg
    samsung-pixon-12mp-2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Three simple things that i dont like about it, no cover for the camera, no 3.5mm headphone jack, and no stereo speakers. 3 easy things that can be put in, i dont see why they wouldn't. Would anyone think the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Davy wrote: »
    Three simple things that i dont like about it, no cover for the camera, no 3.5mm headphone jack, and no stereo speakers. 3 easy things that can be put in, i dont see why they wouldn't. Would anyone think the same

I'd agree with the 3.5mm audio jack, even though Samsung include an adaptor, as native support should be easy.

I'm also glad to hear that, even though they've crammed more megapixels into a small sensor, the quality of the optics have increased and the Pixon12 offers some of the best quality images from a cameraphone. Hopefully the same can be said for the other 12 megapixel cameraphones, the LG GC990 Louvre and the Sony Ericsson Satio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Rsaeire wrote: »
    I'd agree with the 3.5mm audio jack, even though Samsung include an adaptor, as native support should be easy.

This is a top end phone, and im sure the camrea will be second to none. Although stupid this like 2.5mm headphone jack really take down the phone. The reason it bothers my is from experience or 2.5mm phones and mp3 players. You never have the adapter when you need it, going to a mates house etc, connecting it to speakers as an example, have a enough things to think of going out without having to think to bring a little crappy adapter. Bit of rant but it really does piss me off. The camera cover, and the speakers i could leave with, but the 2.5mm means no go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

There is no wifi on this phone, only 3G.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

There is no wifi on this phone, only 3G.

The handset does have Wi-Fi. It is mentioned in more detail in the review here.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

i apologize for that my mistake, i was looking to get the previous phone and the lack of wifi stopped me from purchasing it.

Advertisement