Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

88hotelbreaks

Options
  • 09-07-2009 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

little bit annoyed at an email i received from this crowd so thought i'd post it up here for your review
    Hello again

As you've already enjoyed our Irish getaway hotel breaks through our clients Heatons, DID Electrical, Woodies, Atlantic, Eircom, Shaws, Londis and O2,
    we want you to be first to taste our very latest hotel dea l- The Unbeatable 88, offering you 2 night?s B&B plus 1 dinner for just €88 at dozens of top class
    Irish hotels.

As an existing Hotelpoints customer, for a limited time you will have access to book this break (plus our well known Superbreak98 and WorldBreak).
    Simply visit www.88hotelbreaks.com now and enter your unique Hotelpoints code (see below).

other than my "personal" code and some contact details thats the entirety of the email. i went to book my 88euro break immediately as it sounded like a great deal. turns out its too good to be true as the deal is 88eu per night so the 2 nights offer works out to 176eu.

im a little annoyed at what, to me, appears to be blatant misrepresentation of the offer. i replied to the company and submitted a complaint to the ASAI. i wil let you know if anyone gets back to me.

any thouhgts on this kind of thing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

I got this offer by email today too and had some problems getting my code to work. However, I managed to log in just there now. I understand why you might feel annoyed, but I think it's the way it's shown rather than any attempt to deceive really. Most deals like that are quoted as an amount per person sharing, so this one is 88 per person sharing per break, which also tots up as 88 per room per night. for 2 people Same difference ;)
    It's not such a bad deal really - 176 for 2 people for 2 nights B&B and an evening meal at this time of year. I notice there's not a huge choice, but I intend to have a good look to see where I might go :) Even the Axa deal is 109 pps at the moment, so there is some saving - 176 vs 218. I'm sure there must be a booking deposit though - I wonder how much that is?

Advertisement