Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What you make of this?scam or helpful

Options
  • 09-07-2009 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

My friend has payed 47 euros to attend this course/talk this saturday in the strand and asked do i want to go.Its run by some limerick entrepreneur called pat slattery i think my friend is being conned maybe.well not conned but for 47 euro a bit rich if it was a free course go for it.or is this a cult lol

http://www.limerickentrepreneur.com/

http://www.patslattery.com/testimonials.php

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

You ever seen the schemes in the UK where a guy will sell you a failsafe method of making money by betting on horses/football teams etc?

Or the buy the failsafe scheme to making money on the stockmarket?

Well why I would not call what is on in the Strand a con or that they are conmen, it is no more credible than the schemes I mentioned.

Basically they are selling you common sense ideas that are pretty obvious and will tell you that it is easy to do and simply a matter of putting your mind to it. But if it were that easy, we would all be millionaires at this point. Money will be made by those with thick skins and rubber necks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

i wouldnt call it a scam or call them conmen either.

its def real what they are saying but as stated above its commen sense.

the truth is thyings like this are set up by some1 who went to something like this and figured this is a good way of making cash. if 10 people show up that 470euro before renting the room. thats only if 10 people show up. most likely he will have a couple of these "SEMINARS" on in the next few weeks. if he travels doing this glorified talk then he can do alot more shows making lots of easy money from people who get caught.

no secrets will be revealed at these shows. these shows simply talk about the host being succeesful and a few ideas ow to improve the way you present yourself. its not a waste of cash if you do need these lessons but as also stated abouve if it was that simple we would all be millionaires.

its not coincidence that its the conmen that make the money from these things. mostly from been the host at these things(not metioning this particular show)

but i dont know what pat talks about so i could be very wrong with this particular show. it could actually be usfule, but from my experience they never are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I used to be best friends with Pat's son.
    I didn't know he was so famous :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

pat_buy.png

“The Rainmaker”? WTF? Like Limerick is drought-stricken?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

47 Euro to get in to listen to a guy who is going to whip up the audience into a frenzy of hope that they will get rich and then paying another sign up fee of 30Euro per month for his news letter reveling all the secrets of Internet marketing

There are no secrets to Internet marketing , there will be "ringers" in the audience clapping him and saying they made a million ..... from Google clicks and affiliate clicks... Go for the entertainment if you can afford it .

Ireland is an easy target along with hill billy Americans all we have to do here is cut down a tree and people see stuff just like what we now know as THE HOLY STUMP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

The best way to double your money is to fold it in half & put it back in your pocket:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

peckerhead wrote: »
    pat_buy.png

“The Rainmaker”? WTF? Like Limerick is drought-stricken?

jaysus, he looks like the dodgy vet in Trailer Park Boys (Sam Losco)

http://www.trailerparkboys411.com/images/cast_page_images/sam_losco.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 irishmarketer

I have gone to two of the events, yes you can buy courses there. But the amount of FREE advice and ideas you get is great.

Also to the plonk that wrote this, your friend bought a ticket for €47 and was bringing you for free. Now if you think that €47 euros for two people is expensive, then you deserve to live in your dumb world. I don't like attacking people, but we have enough of negaitivity without this.
    Lets review the facts, you have never gone to one, you can get you money back if you are unhappy, in your case you were going free anyway.

If you want to learn something new go here. I have done two courses from the seminars and have learnt a whole new business. Oh by the way my sales last were 7 million euro. So I don't need to be shown, wrong, you always learn.

I have had my own biz for 25 years. So I am no fool, or easily lead person. I will be there Saturday, comon along and then comment. You have nothing to lose and the world to gain. Even just to spend thw day with positive people, in a positive enviornment alone is worth €47 FOR TWO.

As a point I have no involvement in this buisness what so ever.

Oh by the way I have met Pat Slattery and a comment to the guys taking the piss out of him personally, If you have the balls to say it to his face, let me know, I would love to see it.

Also my blog is http://anthonymccarthy.com to show I do not hide behind user names.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

That's the miracle of the franchise. You get all the equipment
    and know-how you need, plus a familiar brand-name people trust.
    You'll be on a rocket-ride to the moon! And while you're there,
    would you pick up some of that nice, green moon money for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I have gone to two of the events, yes you can buy courses there. But the amount of FREE advice and ideas you get is great.

Also to the plonk that wrote this, your friend bought a ticket for €47 and was bringing you for free. Now if you think that €47 euros for two people is expensive, then you deserve to live in your dumb world. I don't like attacking people, but we have enough of negaitivity without this.
    Lets review the facts, you have never gone to one, you can get you money back if you are unhappy, in your case you were going free anyway.

If you want to learn something new go here. I have done two courses from the seminars and have learnt a whole new business. Oh by the way my sales last were 7 million euro. So I don't need to be shown, wrong, you always learn.

I have had my own biz for 25 years. So I am no fool, or easily lead person. I will be there Saturday, comon along and then comment. You have nothing to lose and the world to gain. Even just to spend thw day with positive people, in a positive enviornment alone is worth €47 FOR TWO.

Oh by the way I have met Pat Slattery and a comment to the guys taking the piss out of him personally, If you have the balls to say it to his face, let me know, I would love to see it.

Also my blog is http://anthonymccarthy.com to show I do not hide behind user names.

I'd rather throw 47 Euro coins in the Shannon one splash at a time than to sit for any length of time in a room full of people like you and Pat Slattery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Hmmmm Your first post is like this and you say you have no vested interest in the man? Right.

You seem to think that the thread is full of personal attacks on the man. I see only one comment where he is compared to a character in a tv show, and no other personal comments about him other than that one.

Everyone else has commented on what he is selling, and he is selling as he is charging. He is nothing new and nothing original, and before you spout off, yes I have seen the man and been present when he was putting forward his pitch.

I stand by my earlier comment that he is not selling anything original, and that what he does is state the obvious and state that it is up to people to make the most of their ideas and to run with their ideas. He is NOT selling an original way to make money, nor does he hold any recognised qualification for higher levels of business. He is a "qualified life coach", which is an American term which people can check out the background on for themselves.

Fair play to the man for making money out of what he does, because there are plenty out there with far more ability and talent who make less, but don't try to paint him as some business guru, especially if you are going to make a comment about loving to see what would happen if someone said anything to his face. I would hope that such a business mind as his would be above playground "say it to my face and see what happens" rubbish. Unless of course you are saying he would "sort out" anyone who went to his face, maybe you should explain what you mean by that comment.

If people wish to get genuine business knowledge, then I suggest they go and get educated through the proper channels, that will cost more but give a genuine qualification, rather than these "Will change your life forever or your money back" sideshows that tend to attract people who are looking for an easy way to riches.

Interesting that they are using the music of U2 as part of the soundtrack to their advertisment, as 47 euro a head would not pay the fee to licence a U2 song, but I am sure that they have gotten permission from Island Records to use it :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement