Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scope

Options
  • 09-07-2009 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

any 1 ever use a 10x40x50 scope would it be any good for fox shooting or just targets

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

CZ. wrote: »
    any 1 ever use a 10x40x50 scope would it be any good for fox shooting or just targets

Could you elaborate a little more for us please, Make(quality), reticule etc etc.

Hopefully someone could provide you with some helpful advise then

Hezz

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

That's too much scope for everyday use.

I had a 8-32x60 and found I used it manly at 12 power. I now have a 6-24x50 that is used at 10-12 power on my .223. The x24 zoom comes into play at the range for the long distances 200m+.

I have a 10x40 atop my 22lr and that's all I need up to 120m.

If your doing target work then get a dedicated x40 fixed scope for long range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭CZ.

thinking of buying a nikko stirling scope any 1 ever use them

I had a Nikko Sterling nighteater 8-32x60 and my son has a nighteater 6-24x56. There are good for the money and will get the job done. But after I got a look through a Bushnell you can see the difference in quality for the extra money. A cheaper Bushnell would be a better buy IMO.

Staring with the Banner range then the Trophy, 3200 elite, 4200 elite........... In the US they use the Bushnell Banner range of scope on their hunting and stalking rifles so they can't be bad.

Thats not to say other scopes are not as good but I only have Bushnell scopes.

had a banner on the last rifle good scope is the bushnell elite illuminated do you no

• Advertisement

CZ. wrote: »
    had a banner on the last rifle good scope is the bushnell elite illuminated do you no

I don't think so but some of the other scopes have a "Fire Fly" reticle. Handy to have but I didn't need it to shoot foxes under the lamp with my 4200 elite

Bushnell are here:

http://www.bushnelloutdoorproducts.eu/www_bushnell/uk/produits/hunting/riflescopes/

ok thanks for that ill keep looking for now;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

some of the nikko stirling scopes are very good and are made in japan , but some of them are made in china or the korea and aren't as good .

Advertisement