Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Flowering Bulbs

Options
  • 09-07-2009 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

I have several pots of mixed bulbs I planted a few months ago, I have no idea what they are as I chucked the packaging. The most predominant bulbs now have leaves about 18" high, but no sign of any buds. The pots are tipping over as they are so top heavy.

So, should I re-pot them into larger pots to encourage growth (of flowers), or leave them be and hope for the best.

I have fed them every couple of weeks, but the slugs have been snacking on the leaves.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I planted mine a few months ago and they're only now beginning to flower.

TONS of water everyday and slug pellets might be your only man.

Are they in the shade?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Thanks for the reply.

Partial shade really, I'm in Sligo so they get LOTS of rain, but I do keep an eye on them drying out. It's a north facing garden, so pretty cool and wet, but a fair few hours of sunshine. Should I put them out the front? (South facing obviously)

I have a hurley I use to knock the slugs off if I spot them. Probably not the most effective method...

Advertisement