Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Forwarding?

Options
  • 09-07-2009 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Anyone know how to do this?I am trying to play football manager 09 online and I need to let a port forward, if anyone knows how

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

A port is just a hole in your connection. Your game sends data through that hole and you just need to open it up. Windows firewall and the firewall in your router need to be set.

Find out what port it is, the windows one is pretty simple. Just add exception and type in the port number.

For the router you go to your internet browser and type in 192.168.1.1

It'll give you a log in page for your router. Enter admin+password(those are defaults, if its set to something else you should know it.)

Then go to port forwarding and again type in the port number.

Should be that simple, if not give us a shout;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

www.portforward.com

if you intend to play games on PC/360/ps3 i suggest you get used to doing this :)

The website above has a guide for your router and how to open any port needed.

If you have issues post back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Lorcan 17

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

There is a guide to creating a static IP for your PC on there

http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm

However I dont think you necessarily need a static IP for certain routes to be open unless you have multiple devices connected and only want certain ports opened on said devices

Advertisement