Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHICH PHONE TO BUY???? Nokia N95 or Sony C905

• 09-07-2009 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

Getting a new phone 2moro and wondering which one to get. Ive narrowed it down to both of these phones are pretty similar, small differences.

N95 -

has a bigger screen
    8gbs of memory (no slot tho)
    3.5 earphone jak
    5mp camera.
    larger handset

c905
    8mp camera
    2gbs of memory but has opion to hold 8gbs through slot
    smaller screen
    no earhone jak for 3.5, but has oe for sony earphones
    track id
    smaller handset

no ive 3 friends who have th n95 and 2 of these guys love it, say its awesome, owever one friend has had problems with apps crashin and phone freezing.

im looking for advice , esp if people have experience with either or bothof these phones.

or if someone could recommend a similar phone in same price range , €350-€389

thanks!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Getting a new phone 2moro and wondering which one to get. Ive narrowed it down to both of these phones are pretty similar, small differences.

N95 -

has a bigger screen
    8gbs of memory (no slot tho)
    3.5 earphone jak
    5mp camera.
    larger handset

c905
    8mp camera
    2gbs of memory but has opion to hold 8gbs through slot
    smaller screen
    no earhone jak for 3.5, but has oe for sony earphones
    track id
    smaller handset

no ive 3 friends who have th n95 and 2 of these guys love it, say its awesome, owever one friend has had problems with apps crashin and phone freezing.

im looking for advice , esp if people have experience with either or bothof these phones.

or if someone could recommend a similar phone in same price range , €350-€389

thanks!!!!
    You have to ask yourself, what features are you really looking for in a new handset? What I can gather, from your points made on both handsets, is that you're interested in a 3.5mm audio jack, having a lot of onboard storage and/or the ability to expand the internal memory by memory card.

Both the N95 and C905 are great handsets, however, the N95 does offer a lot more with regard to its smartphone capabilities, e.g.
    better exchange email support, MS Office file support, 3rd party programs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

well to be honest i want it for its wi-fi capabilities, a good camera better than my cuurent (a 2mp) and decent storage space.

i am leaning towards the n95 but its my mates previous problems with this phone is putting me off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

i can't really say much about the c905 because i never used one. but i do own a n95 and it's by far the best phone i ever used. i just figured out how to put movies on it last week and i've put 3 dvd's on it since and i've still got over 7GB of memory left! i'd highly recomend it to be honest. great phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I had issues with my N95 crashing and freezing. Took it back to carphone warehoues to repair it and got it back a week later. Within 20 mins it had crashed again. Great fix hey!!
    Anyway I checked for the latest software version, updated and since then the phone has been perfect. Not crashed once.

It's an unreal phone. There are hundreds of different apps for it. Currently I'm using the GPS and nokia sports tracker. I go cycling with GPS turned on and it tracks my cycle giving me my route, average speed, fastest speed, altitude, total time etc. All this is then updated to the nokia sports tracker website and stores all my workouts. It's the bomb.

Sorry for going off topic a bit. In short the N95 is an awsome phone. You WILL NOT be disappointed.

well its d-day 2moro (aka phone purhasing day)

think im swayed by the smart phone features! :)

thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

N95

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

well its d-day 2moro (aka phone purhasing day)

think im swayed by the smart phone features! :)

thanks guys
    Not going to let us know what your getting!?

kmart6 wrote: »
    Not going to let us know what your getting!?

Since there is only one smartphone in the comparison, it's safe to say it's not the C905. ;)

Rsaeire wrote: »
    Since there is only one smartphone in the comparison, it's safe to say it's not the C905. ;)

yes indeed, i went with the n95 and not the c905.

so far so good, put a few hundred tracks on it and slowly getting used to the navigation and sms writing functions of the phone. (was used to sony ericcson phones for last 4 years)

so the only grape i have is with the camers, the zoom is awful on it (or i just havent figured out how to adjust it, )

also wondering were to get good applications for it (useful ones, the ones on the phone seem crap)

the store on the phone doesnt have any cool ones that ive noticed.

yes indeed, i went with the n95 and not the c905.

so far so good, put a few hundred tracks on it and slowly getting used to the navigation and sms writing functions of the phone. (was used to sony ericcson phones for last 4 years)

so the only grape i have is with the camers, the zoom is awful on it (or i just havent figured out how to adjust it, )

also wondering were to get good applications for it (useful ones, the ones on the phone seem crap)

the store on the phone doesnt have any cool ones that ive noticed.

As the N95 only has a digital zoom, taking pictures while zoomed in will result in pictures of a lower quality.

• Advertisement

Rsaeire wrote: »
    As the N95 only has a digital zoom, taking pictures while zoomed in will result in pictures of a lower quality.

ah well, suppose u cant win them all

have to find out whee to get decent apps for it now, got one good one on the ovi store, but seems to be alot of piss poor ones too.

i also heard o can use the n95 as a hsdpa modem???? wonder if its true tho

You've got to put opera mini on it if you haven't done already, it's great for browsing the web.

i also heard o can use the n95 as a hsdpa modem???? wonder if its true tho

yes that's true, you can connect it to your computer through ovi suite and browse away

Boxfresh wrote: »
    yes that's true, you can connect it to your computer through ovi suite and browse away

dont think ill use it much but wow its good to know that i can.

dont think ill use it much but wow its good to know that i can.

Quite handy if your out and about and you need an Internet connection for your laptop.

Don't forget to download opera mini by the way, I'd highly recommend it

done and done. its so much easier with opera..... any other decent app's i should know about???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 acer aspire

Great Choice Patrickstarr

The N95 will not be just your mobile phone, it truly is a multimedia machine!

Enjoy Your New Gadget ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

One thing to make sure of with the camera is turn it on then press options->settings and make sure image quality is set to the highest

And with the HSDPA modem make sure to check the prices before you use it or it could be extremely expensive

Advertisement