Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What o2 price plan are you on?

• 09-07-2009 10:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

and what do you think of it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

o2 clear 175
    with a 1GB data and 100 text add on it works out a 50 euro a month. I'm happy enough with it but compared to 02 prices in the uk, we are seriously being ripped of here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I was on clear 50 sim only but moved to Vodafone. O2 are not at the races with new phones at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

nein

I have a sim card from every network except o2 and tesco which is just o2. They are expensive and I can't stand their exclusive deal with Apple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

O2 Clear 50, Don't use it much in contrast to my vodafone account but like 02 Bill Pay, hate 02 Speakeasy, people might say thats stupid but I rather it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

O2 Clear 50 (€20 a month) + 250MB data (€7.50 a month)

I'm quite happy with it overall, although I wish there were a cheaper data plan since I never use more than 100MB. I also wish there was an unlimited text add on.

I'm in two minds as to whether to switch to O2 Clear Sim or 3's pay as you go when my contract runs out in two months. I love the service I get with O2 (coming back to them after a few years of constant problems with Meteor was a very pleasant experience), but 3 is far far cheaper (€10 a month with €10 extra free plus 333 web texts would easily cover me for calls, texts and data).

• Advertisement

I would try to avoid 3 if at all possible, have a look at meteor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Would have to agree with Bond, I'd much rather Meteor to Three! You'd get a better service from Meteor in my opinion for 33 less web texts but in all honesty would you really send all 333 webtexts on 3??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Bond-007 wrote: »
    I would try to avoid 3 if at all possible, have a look at meteor.
    Not going near Meteor. Never, ever again. Not if they threw phones and credit at me. I've a feeling if I went with 3 I'd end up back on O2 within a few months though. But it can't hurt to try.

3 are not bad at offering a phone service. It is their customer support that is woeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

O2 clear 175 with 250Mb and 100 SMS add on.

I spent a weekend in Co. Antrim recently and I've had over €45 added on to my bill! Didn't use it any more than I'd normally use it. What a rip off!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Breezer wrote: »
    Not going near Meteor. Never, ever again. Not if they threw phones and credit at me. I've a feeling if I went with 3 I'd end up back on O2 within a few months though. But it can't hurt to try.

Posted just today:
    ryanf1 wrote: »
    I was with o2 for 7 years until I switched at christmas and it is the worst thing I ever did. They are cheap but their customer service consists of an chinese woman on the end of a phone. The only reason im staying is that I have a 3 branded phone. You pay for what you get.

Bond-007 wrote: »
    I was on clear 50 sim only but moved to Vodafone. O2 are not at the races with new phones at the moment.

I wouldn't have considered vodafone good with phone releases :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

I'm on the O2 Clear SIM (30 day contract)

€ 20 per month for Unlimited calls to O2 Ireland mobiles & Irish landlines .

I don't really send texts, only a few to NI, and a few calls to non o2 numbers
    My bill is never above €22-24.

I made about 7.5 hours (450 mins) of calls in may and my bill still only came to € 22.

Suits the way I use my phone, although I'm thinking of adding a data add-on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

The more I think about it the more surprising it is to see that O2's prepay plans are far superior to Billpay.

What's the deal? I thought they preferred billpay customers?

Advertisement