Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl 19" LCD/DVD TV, €240 - Good value?

• 09-07-2009 10:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/2827_9746.htm

Had planned on getting an LCD TV for the bedroom anyhow, 19" would be perfect size. Is this good value for money? I watch TV in bed very rarely so don't want a super dooper TV, just something to flick on in the mornin for a few mins.

Comments/opinions much appreciated folks! Or if you know something similar that can be gotten for cheaper please do let me know

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Power city have 19" LCD Beko TV's on special for €130 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Bilbert55

Shelli wrote: »
    Power city have 19" LCD Beko TV's on special for €130 at the moment.

Yea but this tv only has 1 years warranty as the lidl would come with 3 years!

imho i think that the lidl tv isnt bad for the price......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Bilbert55 wrote: »
    Yea but this tv only has 1 years warranty as the lidl would come with 3 years!

imho i think that the lidl tv isnt bad for the price......

I don't think a longer warranty should really affect a buying decision. Even when the standard warranty expires the manufacturer still holds a certain responsibility over it for more time than just a year. And besides, you can get a perfectly decent Philips DVD player for 40 so overall 180 for TV and DVD.

Even when the standard warranty expires the manufacturer still holds a certain responsibility over it for more time than just a year.

Will this certain responsibility be for 3 years? def not!!

usually, depending on the company, they'd cover you for an extra 2 - 3 months. Some of the larger chains dont give any extra cover!

If you look at the returns for the Beko sets vs the returns for the Medion sets, i'm sure you'll be shocked to see which set has the less problems!!

as i said imho - The Medion is a more reliable tv and with the 3 years warranty a better buy! any hassle - money back!

I don't think a longer warranty should really affect a buying decision.

Sorry now, hate to go on about this BUT how does this statement make any sence?

2 tv's for sale - roughly same price & same spec....

1 has 12 months cover and the other has 3 years?

Would this not affect your buying decision??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

edit

Advertisement