Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about different BB speeds at different times.

Options
  • 09-07-2009 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

My Ps3 is currently connected up to the broadband. We use Irish BB and a Netgear router.

Now if I play the ps3 say at 10 in the morning straight away it connects to psn straight away, with no probs what so ever.

But say around 4 it will start disconnecting and taking maybe 2 or 3 tries to connect back.

Si Im just wondering is there a reason why this is happening?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭steamjetjoe

Its prob because everyone gets home from work or school at this time & all log on to the internet which slooooooooooooows it down.

I have a 7.6mb package with eircom. On a good day I can get DL speeds of about 6kbps but between the hrs of 17:00 & midnight its usually about 80 - 120 kbps:eek::mad:

You can ring them up & they will go through their checklist ( unplug this, press that, reset this, blah blah blah ) but it will make little difference.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Its prob because everyone gets home from work or school at this time & all log on to the internet which slooooooooooooows it down.

I have a 7.6mb package with eircom. On a good day I can get DL speeds of about 6kbps but between the hrs of 17:00 & midnight its usually about 80 - 120 kbps:eek::mad:

You can ring them up & they will go through their checklist ( unplug this, press that, reset this, blah blah blah ) but it will make little difference.:mad:

Yeh thats what happens with mine with the d/l speeds.

Prob what it is, thanks for the info mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Yeh thats what happens with mine with the d/l speeds.

Prob what it is, thanks for the info mate.
    It's called contention - call up your ISP to see if they can make any improvement with your connection, this way it won't be as harsh.

Advertisement