Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About tax book

• 09-07-2009 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi, im looking to buy a gt starlet (1.3 on book) in the next while and want to know about the tax book as il be looking to get insured on the fathers name does that mean that his name has to be on the tax book then?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Well what age are you as a matter of interest? Im hoping the 91 part of your username isnt the year of your birth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Bryan91 wrote: »
    Hi, im looking to buy a gt starlet (1.3 on book) in the next while and want to know about the tax book as il be looking to get insured on the fathers name does that mean that his name has to be on the tax book then?

all gt starlets are 1.3 on the log book, the tax man doesn't care about the turbo, the insurance company do though so make sure they know its a turbo.

whoever is the registered owner of the car is who insures it, the registered owner is who'll be on the tax system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Bryan91

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    Well what age are you as a matter of interest? Im hoping the 91 part of your username isnt the year of your birth.

Yes i am 18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Bryan91

draffodx wrote: »
    all gt starlets are 1.3 on the log book, the tax man doesn't care about the turbo, the insurance company do though so make sure they know its a turbo.

whoever is the registered owner of the car is who insures it, the registered owner is who'll be on the tax system

Yes but what about all the boys my age being able to get insured on them??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Bryan91 wrote:

Either they aren't insured ( and therfore scumbags by default) or they're a main driver of another car and driving their "fathers/mothers" GT turbo 3rd party only.

Or else they're spending 5-10k on insurance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    Either they aren't insured ( and therfore scumbags by default) or they're a main driver of another car and driving their "fathers/mothers" GT turbo 3rd party only.

Or else they're spending 5-10k on insurance.

Or else there driving a Non Turbo kitted to look like a Turbo.

Insurance companies have clamped down big time on the insuring it as a 1.3 non turbo scam, there actually being smart, they take your money and in the event of an accident they wont pay you and if any third party is involved they'll pay them put come after you for the money, you will end up screwed.

If I know of someone insuring there car incorrectly I report them, its because of insurance fraud that insurance prices are so high in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭keno88

Bryan91 wrote: »

My first insurance on my glanza was 1700 with qiunn, but they would not give me a full 12months on it, i had to insure a 206 first and then transfer it from the 206 onto the glanza and then they did it...so like you can get insured on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 merc609

Lots of lads insure the gt's as non turbo to try and scam the insurance company's but if you have an accident and have not declared it as a turbo ur insurance is void.

Advertisement