Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M4 gbb mags

Options
  • 09-07-2009 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

Anyone else order mags from rsov?
    They are VERY hard to get to fit.
    Not good when you need a quick mag change.
    Do they Posen up after a bit. I have used silicone oil bit it's metal on metal just wearing off each other.
    Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

it could just be the paint on the metal making it too tight? i had a similar problem with an aeg mag and it just went away after awhile of use

if ur impatient and dont mind the worn look you could get a bit of sand paper and sand away at the places it looks like the mag is getting caught on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Yea, mine was very tight when I got it at first. It wore in a little, but not enough for my liking, so i took a small file to the inside of the magwell, drops out nicely now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

All the ones ive seen have been the same, it usually fixes itself but if its bothering you, you can take a rubber hammer to the side of the mag, the plastic bit that holds in the feeder spring and give it a few light whacks. it'll close in very slightly and this allows the mags to fit more comfortably. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Harakka

I got 2 of the AGM heavyweight mags from RSOV and they both fit fine. In fact there seems to be less wear on these mags than the original. There has been several reports of people having issues inserting fully gassed mags but tbh I dont normally fill the mags completely. I've also tried a GHK mag and it works perfectly with the added bonus of being half the weight of the original AGM. Apparently the new *lightweight* AGM mags are full metal so would be interesting to see if theres any other difference.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I have heard that rumour and it is just that, a rumour. :)

I measured an empty magazine with a mircometer and i think it was 21mm thickness at its centre, fully gassed, this reading didnt change at all, and i've tried on a few mags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭skapegoat

The original one with the gbb is fine, I have the lightweight ones and they have the fitting issues.
    They are a very tight fit. Feels like I'll break the gun by forcing them.
    I'll try the rubber hammer thing Richie and then the filing if that doesn't work.
    Cheers lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

I found one of my mags visibly swelled when fully gassed, the others were all fine. It's wierd, they're a tight fit, but it's getting easier each time. One or two of them are quite stiff, but I can still change out mags in an acceptible time frame.

Advertisement