Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex anyone?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Totally sucked back to this today, damn you quarryman.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Bought it on Steam a few weeks ago, going through slowly but surely with more than a touch of homage to John rambo :). Crysis Maximum Edition that I bought last weekend still hardly touched but that is no reflection on it. And it will have to wait till I am done with Far Cry next too :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

It's-a JCDenton, in da fresh!

Has anyone got a link to that sound file someone stuck on the net a while back, basically did a remix of all the worst voice acting in Deus Ex, set to a techno backdrop I think. 'A bomb, A bomb!! A BOMB!!!!!!' :) Google not turning it up so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

marco_polo wrote: »
    Bought it on Steam a few weeks ago, going through slowly but surely with more than a touch of homage to John rambo :). Crysis Maximum Edition that I bought last weekend still hardly touched but that is no reflection on it. And it will have to wait till I am done with Far Cry next too :p

Far Cry is/was a good game when it came out, basically cause it was a technical achievement.:rolleyes:But its attempt at character, stealth or a story was just absolutely ridiculous. Its not the kind of game I'd sit through again, Jack Carver and his stupid hawaiian shirt.:confused:

"Cover it with a bullet proof vest or your red shirt will stand out" .....As IF it made a difference,,,,,the enemy could see you wherever as soon as you moved within distance, wallhackers !!:mad::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Best PC game I've ever played. Nigh on perfect, forget about AI or less than perfect combat... I remember telling anyone who would listen that I had played a game with a better plot and narrative than most movies I'd seen up to that point in my life!

Grim Fandango, close second ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I remember turning on all my augs near the end of the game, then running into a room full of enemies and slaughtering them all. Good times...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Azza wrote: »

The sequel unfortantly suffered from consolitis among other things (one of the lead developers at the time admitted as he was going through a divorce at the time his head simply wasn't with it) . The overall feeling is one of a game that was scaled back. Still a good game just has the unfortante distinction of the been the sequel to the first game.

And here he is, acknowledging those issues.

Deus Ex: Invisible War Post-Mortem (Harvey Smith)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGIdYl2oN74&feature=channel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭JCDenton

It's-a JCDenton, in da fresh!

I SPEEEEEEL MY DRINK!

Advertisement