Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some famous vegetarians

Options
  • 10-07-2009 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

here's some famous vegetarians that help in any argument with "meaters"

leonardo-da-vinci.jpgThis guy, he's pretty cool

57ab60c73730237d0ab6.jpeg All these dudes

gladiator-crowe.png Not actually this guy but all Roman gladiators!!

Christina_Applegate_in_Anchorman_Wallpaper_3_1024.jpg This good looking thing.

orlando-bloom.jpg This guy doesn't afraid of anything!!

ellen.jpg yea her too

thomas_edison_picture.jpg Mister Light bulb himself, Thomas Edison

dustin-hoffman-2008-cannes-film-festival-kung-fu-panda-photocall-Y5VLn1.jpgThe guy who did Rain Man

cam-001.jpgFunny man

most of these were sourced from http://www.famousveggie.com/people.aspx

There are many many more but I'm just being lazy and stopping now.
    please add to this list

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

now I wish I got smaller pictures. sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 biezo57

the american musician moby is a vegan!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I knew all but Weird Al. Cool :) Weird Al's great

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Hitler...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Hitler...

I've heard that disputed so many times. Was he, or was he not?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

No he wasn't I ahve read books on him, think one was even written by his chef! He was advised to by his doctors but didn't stick to it. His favourite food was pigeon. Wouldn't matter if he was, apart from it being interesting to hear his reasoning of thinking Jews were less valuable life than animals.

This is a fairly funny thread, your captions made me laugh, but it doesn't matter who was or wasn't one (for an argument), apart from it being interesting.

I'll stick up my old desktop, she was there because it is interesting that she is vegetarian.
    >_>
    <_<
    Sparky.jpg

This band is called 'carcass' and they were a death metal band. I love some of their stuff.
    They are all vegans.

Carcass_band.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I heard a rumour that Morrissey might be! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,615 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CaseyAffleck-01.jpg

I think Casey 'I'm Bens brother' Affleck is a vegan.

He's actually a damn good actor too.

And as someone else said:
    moby-remix-contest.jpg

So is Moby. In fact I think I read somewhere he owns a vegan tea shop and hopes if he ever has a son, that his son is gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mentalmiss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

pj gallagher

• Advertisement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_vegans
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_vegetarians

Note that under Ireland they have posted

Larry Mullen Jr.
    George Bernard Shaw

I have saved a pic of Alicia Silverstone but I can not seem to transfer it. It only posted a link to my desktop and I do not want that. I will try to get it up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

im vegetarian, im pretty famous right??? :P

pretty cool, i didnt know bout most of these! interesting to know. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

So is Moby. In fact I think I read somewhere he owns a vegan tea shop and hopes

He owns or at least owns part of a cafe in new york thats all vegan, use to eat there a far bit when I lived in NYC. He actually has loads of interesting veggie facts on the booklet with his albums. I got his everything is wrong album when I was 12 and it talked alot about the amount of land and energy needed to create a pound of meat vs a pound of veggies. I did a bunch of research and went veggie about a year later.

http://www.raw-living-food-success.com/famous-raw-foodists.html
    The picture of Alicia that I was trying to link to is half way down this page and is a good advertisement.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

maameeo wrote: »
    im vegetarian, im pretty famous right??? :P

pretty cool, i didnt know bout most of these! interesting to know. :)

omg autograph!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

omg autograph!

please send a stamp addressed envelope to...

/gets pen ready for stalker journal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Nikola Tesla was a vegetarian, there's also a very nice story about his relationship with a pidgeon.
    According to John J. O'Neill, author of Prodigal Genius, the Life of Nikola Tesla, Tesla told him this story in the presence of William L. Laurence, the New York Times science writer.

Tesla had been feeding pigeons for years. Among them, there was a very beautiful female white pigeon with light gray tips on its wings that seemed to follow him everywhere. A great deal of rapport developed between them. As Tesla confessed, he loved that pigeon: "Yes, I loved that pigeon, I loved her as a man loves a woman, and she loved me." If the pigeon became ill, he would nurse her back to health and as long as she needed him and he could have her, nothing else mattered and there was purpose in his life.

One night as he was lying in bed, she flew in through the window and he knew right away that she had something important to tell him: she was dying. "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light". "...Yes," "...it was a real light, a powerful, dazzling, blinding light, a light more intense than I had ever produced by the most powerful lamps in my laboratory."

Tesla admitted to O'Neill that when that particular pigeon died, something went out of his life. Before that time, he could complete the most ambitious programs he could ever dream of but after the pigeon flew into the beyond, he knew his life's work was done for good.

Nice story, he was a bit eccentric. :)

• Advertisement

Yeah, a lovely fellow, but perhaps too eccentric depending on how you interpret "I loved that pidgeon like a woman". :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

Anthony Kiedis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers is vegan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Martin Shaw (left) of George Gently/Judge John Deed fame is vegan :)George_Gently_1397006c.jpg
    Him talking about being vegetarian: http://www.viva.org.uk/guides/martinguide.htm
    I was reading somewhere that for the series Apparitions he had the entire cast on vegan food only :D
    He lives in Norfolk and has three grown up children, all vegetarian since birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Check out http://www.happycow.net/famous_vegetarians.html for a comprehensive list of vegetarians, vegans and maybes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

This guy from eastenders jack branning

phil178.jpg

and brad pitt

brad_pitt1_300_400.jpg

jenny lewis (singer with rilo kiley)

jennyLewis2.jpg

Andre 3000 (from Outkast)

6a00d834fd7f7353ef01156f97f7d6970b-pi.0.0.0x0.370x400.jpeg

I wonder is snoop dog one, he certainly ordered the veggie meals at oxegen a few years back when my friend was sitting beside him. Maybe he just like em though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Sure Moby did the soundtrack to the movie/documentart "Earthlings" (which everyone should see btw). And Joaquin Phoenix.

Funnily enough, a band called Cattle Decapitation are all vegans if I am correct.
    Fat Mike from NOFX
    All the band Anti-Flag, and all Rise Against (i think).

How could I forget William Shatner. he also presented a documentary thing about vegetarianism didn't he?

captain-kirk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

there's so many I didn't know.

William Shatner AND Brad Pitt

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

This is shatners veggie film.
    http://www.archive.org/details/vegeworld
    beware may contain the 80's

• Advertisement

Leo Tolstoy is a vegetarian... or at least he heavily endorses it without being one... but he probably is one.

Those two documentaries mentioned sound good, either of ye have any links or anything of that nature? I've never seen a vegetarian related t.v thing. At least not since I was a vegetarian.

Advertisement