Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some famous vegetarians

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh watching this thing, has lots of 80's in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

bloop.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Some good 80's footage all right! Interesting half hour, waiting for him to be beamed away atm.

And moderators can see all your silly postage!

oooh noooes. Anyway, according to this video, socrates was a vegetarian too, score.

Some nasty cow shooting going on in this video though, I can see these types of videos as being very effective for turning people off meat though.

Ye, I was a bit surprised the lad just shot the cow! Would like to see the other video mentioned too. Although doubt it can top Kirk!

It also mentioned Pythagorus, I believe we were called Pythagoreans before vegetarian was coined? After his school where his students were Pythagoreans.

• Advertisement

Pythagoreans aye? Heh I think they aren't allowed to eat beans either, it does have a nice ring to it though.

It was a pretty sweet video alright, maybe censor will link us to the moby one. *nudge*

Edit: Here's one version of earthlings on google video http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7584730387826688635. I prefer the shatner one personally, that one's a bit heavy going for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Oops, sorry, shoulda posted the link!

Beware while watching it...tears will probably ensue.:(

Oh I see the link now, if only our cork woman was as fast as our cork boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,300 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I wish I was a famous vegetarian

Mellor wrote: »
    I wish I was a famous vegetarian

One day :pac:

I suppose it's only fair to mention:

AlbertEinstein.jpg

Gandhi1.jpg

• Advertisement

Russel
    200px-Russell_Brand_2008.jpg

Christian
    Christian_Bale_NYC_premier_Dark_Knight.jpg

Macca (and linda obv)
    Paul_McCartney_on_stage_in_Prague.jpg

Which other Beatle was a Vegetarian?

I've been told all 4 were/are vegetarian, with John going on and off it. Not sure how accurate it is.

beatles-1600x1200.jpg

Apparently Ringo was, the other two not. (Or at least not for any length of time)

Mellor wrote: »
    Apparently Ringo was, the other two not. (Or at least not for any length of time)

But wasn't one of the other two a hare krishna? and the other one used to eat veggie sausages etc but craved meat and went back on, so i'd say you are right about him. Don't even know who told me this stuff and feck googing this at 5.30 am :S
    meh dunno, sleeep zzzz

Advertisement