Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother US - Season 11

Options
  • 10-07-2009 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭

Kicks off tonight in the States, so should be available online here in the next couple of hours, so here's the thread for discussion of the show.
    Anyone who has never seen a US version of Big Brother be sure to check it out - it's nothing like the UK version, it much more entertaining.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Saucey-Susie

i LOVE bb USA. Its soooooooooooooooooo much better than the uk one! its full of tactics, show-mances, physical tasks, alliances.... its just brilliant! and its not on every single night so when they are showing the hour long episode, there is actually good stuff to watch!!!
    have seen all the seasons bar the first one

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Can't wait. BBUK is a freak show.... the US version is far more entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just watched first episode of the new series - very interesting new twist introduced and some familiar faces.
    Out of the new characters intoduced there's only 2 that I really can't stand already, which is impressive - usually I hate a lot more of them from the start.

My early favourites are:

Ronnie
    Casey
    Lydia
    Jessie

People I already can't stand:

Chima
    Laura
    Braden
    Jeff

Everyone else is pretty meh at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

What channel?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

Quirkydude's channel on youtube...
    Anyone else think it was completely set up for Jessie to go back in?? Obviously the athletes were going to win a strength endurance test. :rolleyes:
    It doesn't make much sense to put him back in, seeing as how the public voted him out last season and probably hate him.

Also, it's really annoying how the narrator keeps saying "Sheema" instead of Chima.

Ive only seen the 1st episode, will be watching the 2nd one tonight... i cant wait :) The first HOH comp was v funny but jessie going back in? really?? i hate him!!! and id say once anyone outside the atheletes win HOH again he will deffo be up cos they will see it being unfair since he played BB before. cant remember any of their names tho... :o

As well as nominating and getting the bedroom, the HOH gets to use twitter.
    http://twitter.com/bigbrotherhoh
    Hopefully next week we'll have a HOH who can actually write.

I liked Lydia, but then I read on the live feed summary that she gave Jessie a BJ. Not cool. The stuff they do and talk about on the live feed is actually shocking!! I'm going back to pretending that they do nothing except scheme...

I actually had a look at the HOH twitter page. Jessie is a moron... none of what he's saying makes any sense. Your description of the live feed makes it sound like Big Brother UK - I think I'll just stick to the broadcasted shows as the scheming and backstabbing and competitions is actually what interests me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Having only watched the first episode and currently watching the second... Jessie...oh dear god. The guy's a muppet so far.

The whole high school theme just goes to show that people don't actually change their opinions about people since after they leave HS. The misconceptions are pretty much all still there.

It'll be interesting to see how it all pans out.

• Advertisement

anyone know who is up for nomination yet? Wont get to see it till this evening or tomorrow evening

Ronnie nominated Laura and Jeff, but has said that he wants to backdoor Russell. Jeff won the POV.

The show's getting interesting now - I like when people are constantly switching sides - makes things more exciting.

im loving the season!! its so interesting!! wonder if
    jeff
    will use his wizzard power!! hehehe. i hope so and jessie goes :)

im loving the season!! its so interesting!! wonder if
    jeff
    will use his wizzard power!! hehehe. i hope so and jessie goes :)

Meh, hadn't seen that yet. *points to spoiler function*

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Of all the people who I'd like to see get the Coup d'État, that person was way down the list. The influence of the american female viewer?

Giving it to someone who is/was actually vulnerable would have been much better. Lydia or Ronnie, maybe....

Same, wasn't expecting it to be him.

Chima
    has been kicked out of the house!!!
    Got angry when nommed by Michele and threw microphone in pool.

Michele is out of power but eligible for HOH. Double eviction presumably cancelled...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

Chima

Michele is out of power but eligible for HOH. Double eviction presumably cancelled...
    no way you serious? she was a loose canon anyway..thats lousy on michele that her hoh is gone. gonna go over to ds now and have an ol' read of whats happening

Really trying not to highlight the spoiler tags to see who got kicked out, but undoubtedly I will before Monday morning. I could probably guess who it is though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

Chima

How do you know this? Link or I dont believe it!! Surely they would have mentioned it on Sunday evenings show.

So its
    true! I couldn't resist going on the spoiler sites. Details of her eviction will be on tonight's show. Sounds like it was a good one too. She is nuts and I wish she would have stayed for the entertainment alone. so wonder what will happen now

Wow - just watched the latest episode. Some of the housemates are psychotic. Lydia and Natalie should be shot in the face.

I have to say, I'm liking Kevin a lot more as the season goes on. He's one of the only ones in there that actually knows what's going on. He's working on breaking up J/J/M/R by spreading rumours and seems to be doing a pretty good job.
    Still want Michele to win though.

Still want Michele to win though.

Really?

In the beginning I thought I'd really like her. But now I'm not so sure. She's playing the game well...she's a good little back-stabber. But I just can't bring myself to hope she wins the money!

No way Michelle will be voted for by the jury to win, I think Jordan has the best chance of who is left. At this stage its hard to see anyone else in the top 2 other than Jeff and Jordan.
    Lydia is funny right now, she has got crazier as the show has progressed.

Any word on what they are doing about the open seat on the Jury.

I'm hoping Jeff, Jordan or Russell will win. Michele and Kevin are fine as contestants, I just don't want to see them win it. And after the last couple of episodes I find Lydia and Natalie unbearable to watch.

Dunno what they'll do about the jury house. I would've said they could put Ronnie in, but that would be unfair, if he's seen episodes of the series since he left.

So
    Lydia
    out and from what my wife read
    Jeff
    is new HOH.
    Looks like Natalie is in trouble but there is the possible Russell eviction, Jeff is suspicious of him plotting to get him out. The Jury house is nearly going to be more exciting though with all the crazies now gone.

The 7th jury vote will be America's Choice, which changes everything.
    If Chima had been evicted to the jury rather than expelled, Kevin or Natalie would have had the votes to win. There's no way America would vote for them. So now the only chance they have is if they both make it to the final two. I'm pretty sure that won't happen...

• Advertisement

So
    Jeff back doored Russell, not a huge shock but if Natalie or Kevin can win HOH next week he may regret that decision. Even Michelle. I think it was a week too early to put him on the block.
    Exciting week coming up, holds breath!

Advertisement