Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow Hurlers

Options
  • 10-07-2009 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

Ok i know i don't post here much, but as a regular reader of this forum, i notice a lack of GAA talk!!

On Saturday at 4pm in Croke Park, Carlows hurling team play v Down in Christy Ring final.

Its a huge thing as the winner will be in real All Ireland next year!!
    So if Carlow win on Saturday, next summer we might be welcoming Kilkenny to Dr Cullen Park live on RTE!

I am a big GAA fan and go to all football & hurling games. But as footballers are struggling, its hurling we are getting good at.

Even those of you with minimal interest in GAA should try get to Croke Park on Saturday to cheer on a squad of guys who have put in so much effort to give Carlow a team we can be proud of!

So are ye going???

Saturday afternoon, spin up to Croker and hopefully witness best day in Carlow GAA since 1944!!! Then come home, and we all go out and celebrate the homecoming and enjoy the night that follows!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

you get me off work saturday an i'll go with yeah no hassle. :-) honestly though i do wish the best of luck to the lads on sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

yeh I'm busy Saturday also, but defo the best of luck to them...

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Didn't Carlow have a decent Minor football team a couple of years ago. Any sign of them making an impact at Senior level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭The Gish

We did have a brilliant minor team in Carlow. In fact we have had many good minor teams in the county.
    Its like everything else in relation to football here in Carlow...Politics plays a big role.
    I am not from Carlow but I have been involed in the GAA in the county over the past 8 years. (I am one of these lads that both sides give out to during a game) and I find that while every club in the county have good players it depends on who is selecting on any one particular team as to whether these "good" and deserving players get onto the team
    I say get rid of the "oldies" and start developing from an early age. Maybe in a few years we will have a team that will take us to the limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

how much are the tickets and what time is the throw in ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭legendal

€20 for a regular ticket, €10 for students and €5 for juveniles. Throw-in's at 4pm, the other two finals begin at 12pm and 2pm (all included in the price).
    C'mon Carlow! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I'll be there, i'm expecting the standard of hurling to be awful. It's not a pretty game played badly! I have to go to the second game as part of my work. I'm not sure if i'll even hang around for the Carlow game at all! We'll see!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Well done Carlow!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭legendal

+1. Great bit of news for Carlow, well done to Kevin Ryan and everyone involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Bring on the cats, the strawberries and the jacks. The scallionaters for Leinster!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Well done Carlow. Think about it now. Replacing one of Antrim, Clare or Wexford in the Al - Ireland series in 2010. Fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

Well done lads ....

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Trilla wrote: »
    The scallionaters for Leinster!

God I've not heard that for a loooong time!!:)

Well done to the boys, fair play to em!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

When you see how much Antrim have improved having followed the same route as Carlow it is very encouraging.

Advertisement