Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L.I.T versus U.L

Options
  • 10-07-2009 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

hey guys im going to college in sept and i still have to decide which colleg to go to and i want to get your opinion on which college is better in terms of the style of teaching and job prospects after it??? thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭browne_rob5

hey guys im going to college in sept and i still have to decide which colleg to go to and i want to get your opinion on which college is better in terms of the style of teaching and job prospects after it??? thanks in advance
    You would have to give more details about which courses you are applying for.

Very generally UL would be better for job prospects etc particularly for engineering courses. LIT do however offer good specific courses for certain careers such as accounting etc. UL also has a much better social scene and campus. Worth taking into consideration as you will be there for 3 or 4 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

They say that ITs are generally better for learning than Unis. ITs are more intimate wheras Unis are more everyone for themselves. Just know that if you go to UL, you will be left to the hounds and have to work very hard. In LIT youll will get lighter work loads.

Plenty of lads in LIT say that they studied there first of all, and then moved over to UL to finish of their Honours or Masters. They say that lads coming from the LIT generally do very well in UL, compared to lads who did the entire course in UL.

Maybe I suggest the best of both worls, depending on your course.

Advertisement