Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I lose 4 stone in 3 months?

• 10-07-2009 5:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi, I'm 19 and im 19 stone,and I have 3 months until I start in college and really want to get down to 15-16 stone desperately.

Is there any healthy way of doing this or is it just impossible?

Can anyone suggest a rigorous trainimg regime and excellent diet to help me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

post up what your currently doing and eating would help to begin with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Tevez101 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm 19 and im 19 stone,and I have 3 months until I start in college and really want to get down to 15-16 stone desperately.

Transform is right - we need to know what you eat and do now to give any meaningful advice (and the basic info you need is in the stickies)

But on a general point a stone a month is pretty hefty going and I am going to assume that the 19 stone is not muscle. And so I'm going to assume that your diet has been poor and exercise non-existent for a while.

Diet and exercise are like anything else. Achievable goals reached = motivation. Goals missed = ddemotivation. Going from a standing start to planning an extreme weight loss challenge may be unrealistic. And that could lead to you giving up.

IMO it is much better to set moderate goals and make smaller but permanent changes to your diet and lifestyle. Radical changes will not be maintained (even if you achieve your goal) and that can result in the weight going back on again. Smaller changes leading to smaller progress on the other hand can be maintained and lead to long term benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

everything that you will be told by the other posters is really really good advice, i followed my own advice- walking til i got a bit fitter and eating right- no booze and kept a food diary and i got my family and bf in behind me and i lost over 2stone in 3months. It was hard and has tapered down a lot in the last 8months and i had slips and stumbles and tears on the way but it becomes worth it!
    11months later i have lost 4.5 stone and i was heavier than you are now when i started!:pac:
    I am not saying it will happen as fast for you BUT i am proof that it CAN happen so as my fella says to me- Have faith in the process- and really listen to the other posters and mods and read the stickies! Best wishes and good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Tevez101

Transform is right - we need to know what you eat and do now to give any meaningful advice (and the basic info you need is in the stickies)

But on a general point a stone a month is pretty hefty going and I am going to assume that the 19 stone is not muscle. And so I'm going to assume that your diet has been poor and exercise non-existent for a while.

Diet and exercise are like anything else. Achievable goals reached = motivation. Goals missed = ddemotivation. Going from a standing start to planning an extreme weight loss challenge may be unrealistic. And that could lead to you giving up.

IMO it is much better to set moderate goals and make smaller but permanent changes to your diet and lifestyle. Radical changes will not be maintained (even if you achieve your goal) and that can result in the weight going back on again. Smaller changes leading to smaller progress on the other hand can be maintained and lead to long term benefits.

Well i'm just finished a fairly hectic year in a private school where I got very little timne for exercise as I was fully devoted to my leaving cert. I probably put on 1 and 1/2 stone during the year.

Since the leaving cert has been over (mid june) I have been doing nothing, staying up late and going to bed around 4-5 am and getting up at 2-3pm and this can't go on. I have no regular eating pattern and basicall eat whatever is in the fridge/cuppard when i'm hungry. I know this has to stop but I find it very difficult to find help and to stop. Generally the food thats eaten is chips, lasagne, pizza, brown bread with marmalade, tea with 2 spoons of sugar, orange juice, club orange, coke, sprite. I have no problem drinking water but it's only available in my house via a tap and I dont like that. I also eat some chocolate/buscuits most days. I eat eggs around 3 times a week and will eat them poached,boiled,fried or scrambled and have no problem with them. Another favorite is a ham and cheese toasted sandwich.

I know I need to keep a count of my calories but am finding it difficult, for example today I had a quiche from the butchers and didnt have a clue how many calories were in it and when I looked it up on the net, I found it very difficult to find the portion of quiche I had as they seem to be in American units.

The only exercise I get really is a game of soccer once a week, but prior to the leaving cert I was walking around 35 minutes a day to and back from school but only in the final 2 months of the year as my friend stopped using his car.

The reason I believe I might be able to lose the weight is because I have so much time on my hands as i'm not working and could possibly fully devote myself to losing weight although I am well aware that this would be extremely difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Losing weight doesn't have to be extremely difficult. In a lot of cases its fun. sometimes it becomes a chore, but thats why god invented cheat meals.

there are many different opinion on how its done. what worked really well for me when I got fat was a resistance program, coupled with a carb cycleing diet. The good thing about that is you have energy to exercise, which a lot of caloric deficit diets dont.

the most important thing you should do this weekend is learn about a diet that you think will suit you, work out your allowances and stick to it. don't change if someone tells you about something better.
    Next thing you need to do is join a gym and pay the money to go see a personal trainer, its not huge money and you will get a program that is tailored to suit you.

Weightloss requiers a lifestyle change, commit to getting up early, get 8 hours sleep a night. that way you wont "sleep it out" and end up missing gym sessions, or not having enough time prepare your food.

Last but not least, set goals (Long term and short term) and keep motivated at all times.

• Advertisement

Check out the stickies at the top of the page on diet, that will help you hugely. Everything in your diet needs to go.

If you're serious and want to change, then you can and will and it won't be that hard. If you have passion to do it, you'll definitely absolutely do it.

It's all about making changes and sticking to them. I'm serious, you can have the body you want IF you want it.

The tools you need to change yourself into who you want to be are right here on this forum. You have fitness logs, you have stickies, you have by and large with the odd exception a passionate, helpful group of people who enjoy fitness and exercise and like to see other people achieve things too. I for one want you to change, you'll love the new you !

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kay1967

Would you not try weightwatchers? You may not loose 3-4 stone in the 3 months but you will have made a good start on it if you stick to the programme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Since the leaving cert has been over (mid june) I have been doing nothing, staying up late and going to bed around 4-5 am and getting up at 2-3pm and this can't go on. I have no regular eating pattern and basicall eat whatever is in the fridge/cuppard when i'm hungry. I know this has to stop but I find it very difficult to find help and to stop. Generally the food thats eaten is chips, lasagne, pizza, brown bread with marmalade, tea with 2 spoons of sugar, orange juice, club orange, coke, sprite. I have no problem drinking water but it's only available in my house via a tap and I dont like that. I also eat some chocolate/buscuits most days. I eat eggs around 3 times a week and will eat them poached,boiled,fried or scrambled and have no problem with them. Another favorite is a ham and cheese toasted sandwich.
    You have a bad diet which probably accounts for 90% of the weight gain.

You consume way too much sugary drinks- stop doing it and you'll see results in the near term as long as you don't replace them with other crap. The water from your tap contains flouride for your teeth which you're going to need after all that sugar, so don't be pernickity and drink it instead of cans of soft drinks. Newsflash, water is H2O. All the companies do is bottle it, they can't change it's atomic structure.

Simply start with this. No frills, no bull**** just give it acrack and see how you go:
    Brekkie: eggs in som form since you like them
    snack: nuts, peanuts, cashews etc.
    Lunch: brown bread sambo/wrap something with lean meat filling
    Dinner: Meat, vegetables
    Try not to fill the gaps with bread or crap. Instead have something light to fill the hole that doesn't contain sugar or starch, or just have your meal earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

I tihnk it's your diet that causes you the most grief. I have an ureal sweet tooth and find strawberries are my saviour. Tiny bit of low-calorie yoghurt or honey on them or in a smoothie and I'm in heaven. Make sure to eat loads of fruit and veg and a bit of protein too and don't starve yourself cos you'll only end up pigging out. I would recommend doing 2 30 min stints of walking fast each day. And anything extra you do is great. The weight should drop off.
    As for the water...tap water should be ok, if you put it in the fridge a while it tastes better, plus drinking cold water is better for you if losing weight as it takes energy to bring it up to body temperature.
    Best of luck

OH, i forgot to say that i totally cut salt out! obviously some processed foods have some in but i dont keep salt in the house! I find now if i eat processed foods my weight boiiings up cos i retain water! i dont add it to food in cooking OR otherwise.
    Oh and even lo-salt is rubbish for you as its high in potassium which if overdone can lead to cardiac arrhythmias, and your just generally better off without it!

• Advertisement

kay1967 wrote: »
    Would you not try weightwatchers? You may not loose 3-4 stone in the 3 months but you will have made a good start on it if you stick to the programme

weightwatchers? I'm 19, that would'nt be very common for an 19 year old to join would it?

Also, I would'nt feel comfortable about making my diet public, I have'nt even told my family yet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Also, I would'nt feel comfortable about making my diet public, I have'nt even told my family yet..

Maybe it would help if you did? I don't mean put a sign on the roof or anything or start shouting about it :) But you could casually mention it to the people you live with / friends if the opportunity arises (i.e. if they offer you sweets or chocolate you could just say 'no thanks, i'm trying to cut down a bit'). If people know you are trying to eat more healthily they won't buy you junk food or keep offering it to you, and it means you won't have to run the gauntlet of temptation so often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

impossible is nothing, and sldo theres gyns in colleges so you can keep it up in college!

weightwatchers? I'm 19, that would'nt be very common for an 19 year old to join would it?

DO IT! seriously, you deserve more recognition and support for your effort- none of us boardsies are gonna notice the subtle changes OR want to help you as much as those in your real/non-boards life....
    PLUS you'll be less likely to give up if its more public!
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I didn't want to do it either, but its been really good. My mother found some microwavable porridge for me to have in the mornings. I wasn't going to have porridge because it took too long to make and I do be in a rush in the mornings. She also started getting me wholegrain rice, and buying more brown bread as I used to eat a lot of white bread.

I wouldn't go announcing it with a fanfare or anything, but just casually mention it if you think it'll help with your meals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Been there, don't be afraid of failing, be proud of trying..

I'm 17.7 stone now, cut out all the bad stuff and cut out potatoes, brown bread and fruit for first two weeks but now consuming around 1300-1600 calories a day with fish, eggs, brown bread, fish cakes + pies, potatoes and veggies and fruit and weight watchers products.

Should I be consuming the RDA of 2500 for a male adult or am I fine the way I am? Bye the way I obviously dont eat all the products in one day lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

I'm 17.7 stone now, cut out all the bad stuff and cut out potatoes, brown bread and fruit for first two weeks but now consuming around 1300-1600 calories a day with fish, eggs, brown bread, fish cakes + pies, potatoes and veggies and fruit and weight watchers products.

Should I be consuming the RDA of 2500 for a male adult or am I fine the way I am? Bye the way I obviously dont eat all the products in one day lol.

Congratulations. Keep up the good work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 802 ✭✭✭m r c

how has it been going for you tevez101 hopefully you are well down now update please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

Start with regular exercise. Cut out snacking and try to eat low fat foods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

Just read that you've already lost weight. Sorry. Keep up the good work and well done!!

m r c wrote: »
    how has it been going for you tevez101 hopefully you are well down now update please

Thanks for the interest. I'm 17.3 stone now and have lost 23 pounds in almost exactly a month. I've noticed a massive difference myself personally, as I can now fit into my clothes alot better and feel less tired, I also feel slimmer. However nobody else has really noticed a change yet, but hopefully my appearance will change noticeably in the next month.

Ah I'm just wondering how much can I expect my weight loss rate to decline by? I'm currently losing 5.75 pounds a week on average but have read that you lose more weight at the start. I'm hoping that I can keep it up to at leat 3.5 pounds a week and yes I am eating plenty of healthy foods and not starving myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Congratulations.

Your weight loss so far is remarkable. You are young and so it's hard to say
    how the pattern will continue, more slowly or just as quickly.

You could post any new plans you have or diets you're on and that'll give us a better idea of what your future weight losses might be.

Have you taken pictures of yourself? If you have, they might help as a visual record for you to see your improvements over time.

squod wrote: »
    Congratulations.

Your weight loss so far is remarkable. You are young and so it's hard to say
    how the pattern will continue, more slowly or just as quickly.

You could post any new plans you have or diets you're on and that'll give us a better idea of what your future weight losses might be.

Have you taken pictures of yourself? If you have, they might help as a visual record for you to see your improvements over time.

Thanks, OK heres my diet so far...

Mornings: Poched or boiled egg with slice of thick, yeast free brown bread with marmalade and tea with some slimline milk / scrambled egg with 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites and a splash of slimline milk, slice of same brown bread and tea/ porridge.

Lunch: Wholemeal bread sandwich with lean ham,mustard and a slice of low fat cheese/Fish cake with slice of brown bread/ Weight watchers ocean pie.

Dinner: Fish with 2 medium potatoes and brocolli / Weight watchers shepard pie/ weight watchers salmon and broccoli / 2 fish cakes with potatoes and cooked frozen peas

The only beverages I drink are water and tea with slimline milk.

I usually don't eat more than one snack a day and it's usually at night time and it could be a bannana/ low fat yogurt / slice of lean grilled bacon on brown bread.

I have a daily calorie intake of about 1200-1600 a day.

Please, by all means criticise my diet and help me change whatever isn't aiding my cause.

My exercise routine is fairly timid in my opinion to be honest : Soccer 2 hours a week, walk dog every day(20 mins) and the odd bit of jogging on wii fit ( the only thing I use it for as it's my small brothers and I have not bought it.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭De Deraco

Hey Well Done.. 23 pounds I bet people have noticed they are probably not saying anything because you have kept your diet to yourself.

Try doing some kneeling pushups and situps and bodyweights squats these will help alot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

De Deraco wrote: »
    kneeling pushups

Fair play for suggesting calisthenics.
    But Kneeling pushups are Pointless IMO.

You are taking out the core stabilisation aspect of the pushup.

Well Done OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Tevez101,fair play on the weight loss,youve done really well so far. I had a read through and didnt see what height you are, im just curious on this 1 as your calorie intake is very low.I know your on a calorie deficit but you might be able to add a little to your diet as I dont know how long you'll be able to sustain on such low calories especially heading back to college you need fuel for the brain.Also as you add in more excercise you need to add calories for fuel! Sustainability is the key here! Well done & keep up the good work ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

If you want a great ego boost, give it maybe another 3 weeks and go and see someone who you haven't seen since you started this. Someone observant. Brilliant motivation. People who see you regularly may not notice it as they see you regularly. Sure people can put a stone on themselves and not notice it till they get on the scales.

4Xcut wrote: »
    If you want a great ego boost, give it maybe another 3 weeks and go and see someone who you haven't seen since you started this. Someone observant. Brilliant motivation. People who see you regularly may not notice it as they see you regularly. Sure people can put a stone on themselves and not notice it till they get on the scales.

Thanks, i'm 5'11''.

Yes I will always eat if i'm feeling hungry, I know never to starve myself and I will always eat potatoes with my dinner a few hours before training to give me the carbs. I do intend also to increase my calorie intake when I go to college to about 1600-1800.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭De Deraco

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Fair play for suggesting calisthenics.
    But Kneeling pushups are Pointless IMO.

You are taking out the core stabilisation aspect of the pushup.

Well Done OP.

Not useless imo there very usefull for someone who cannot perform full push ups, but I agree full push ups are best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Thanks, i'm 5'11''.

Yes I will always eat if i'm feeling hungry, I know never to starve myself and I will always eat potatoes with my dinner a few hours before training to give me the carbs. I do intend also to increase my calorie intake when I go to college to about 1600-1800.

Right ok. Im working worst case scenario as I dont know your Body fat %

Your 109.86kilos. worst case scenario is a bodyfat % of 28% or above
    Lets say your activity level is light at the moment & at the moment your a recreational excerciser!

Your BMR (basal metabolic rate) which is your calories expended just resting during the day is 2241 calories per day so anything under this without excercise you should be losing weight! Now factor in your excercise calories burned on top of this & you should have more calories to play with. So say you burn 500 cals excercising your at 2741 calorie allowance daily,anything under this you should (in theory as this is a guideline) be losing weight! So there you go at the the moment youre atleast 800-1000 calories under your guideline daily intake...Just take this into account if you start to find yourself feeling you cant keep the low cals in daily as youve alot to room to play with. Hope this helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Thanks for the interest. I'm 17.3 stone now and have lost 23 pounds in almost exactly a month. I've noticed a massive difference myself personally, as I can now fit into my clothes alot better and feel less tired, I also feel slimmer. However nobody else has really noticed a change yet, but hopefully my appearance will change noticeably in the next month.

Ah I'm just wondering how much can I expect my weight loss rate to decline by? I'm currently losing 5.75 pounds a week on average but have read that you lose more weight at the start. I'm hoping that I can keep it up to at leat 3.5 pounds a week and yes I am eating plenty of healthy foods and not starving myself!

You're doing really well. Is there any chance you could join a gym and lift weights?

I don't mean to dishearten but I just don't think a calorie intake that low is sustainable in the long term. If you do weights you'll build muscle which does a lot of the calorie burning for you. Will therefore let you eat a lot more.

When you gain muscle the scales won't be going down as fast(muscle weighs more than fat) but the inches around your waist will and your body shape will look much better.

Should be a gym at college, definitely go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭RolfHarris

Well done Tevez. Losing weight and getting fit is a great process and when you move down a trouser size or can get into a slightly smaller shirt or t-shirt it makes it all worth while.

To be honest, there's no need to shout it from the rooftops - believe me, some day someone is going to comment on how good you're looking and ask you if you've lost weight - and you can smile to yourself about how well people know you're looking.

Having college as an aim is a brilliant idea. I hope you can afford to buy yourself some new clothes to fit your new body when you start college. It'll be really worthwhile.

Keep up the good work - you're doing absolutely brilliantly! Well done.

I'm 16.6 stone now and feel the weight loss is slowing down alot. Is there anything that I can do to lose it quicker. And, how googd will weights be for be, I heard I would lose the weight alot slower if I started on them now because muscle weighs more than fat. Should I weight untill I'm 15 stone and then start on weights?

Also could some please tell me what my ideal weight is? I'm 5'9'' but i'm a big build, accordinfg to my BMI i should be around 76 KG. Is this correct or should I be a bit heavier (say 83 KG) beacause of my build?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

I just read through this thread; I'll leave the advice to the pro's but I just wanted to say well done!!! That's amazing progress! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

I'm 16.6 stone now and feel the weight loss is slowing down alot. Is there anything that I can do to lose it quicker. And, how googd will weights be for be, I heard I would lose the weight alot slower if I started on them now because muscle weighs more than fat. Should I weight untill I'm 15 stone and then start on weights?

Also could some please tell me what my ideal weight is? I'm 5'9'' but i'm a big build, accordinfg to my BMI i should be around 76 KG. Is this correct or should I be a bit heavier (say 83 KG) beacause of my build?

hi, didnt have time to read entire thread but it looks like you have lost 0.7 stone since aug 10th? if this is the case its excellent progress .. i would advise you to take it easy though - anything more than that wont be fat loss, trust me on that .. and the last thing you want to do is lose muscle mass ..

you should defo throw some weights into the mix - try to workout every body part once a week ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Thanks, i'm 5'11".

Fair play to the weight loss thus far, but what height are you? As mentioned by a previous poster this can play a factor in measuring certain stats (I'm aware BMI is bs).

As for waiting until you slim down further to do weights, why? Start on them now, they'll burn the fat off you quicker as muscles burn more calories than fat while resting.

As well as that, as muscle growth improves your body will shape and tone up, giving you more visible results than just diet alone so this should give you that boost to keep at it!

Naos wrote: »
    Fair play to the weight loss thus far, but what height are you? As mentioned by a previous poster this can play a factor in measuring certain stats (I'm aware BMI is bs).

As for waiting until you slim down further to do weights, why? Start on them now, they'll burn the fat off you quicker as muscles burn more calories than fat while resting.

As well as that, as muscle growth improves your body will shape and tone up, giving you more visible results than just diet alone so this should give you that boost to keep at it!

Ya ha didn't know my exact height till a few days ago, its 175cm anyway so I think thats 5'9'' or there abouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Heh,

Reading throught this and it seems so familiar. I started at about 18+ stone came down pretty quickly(3 months) to about 15st 7lbs.
    Then Exams and summer hit and despite my best efforts i got stuck at a plateau for a while but slowly things have begun to move again albiet slowly.

I'm just trying to warn you that in my own personal experience i hit a wall for a while and it can be dishearting i realised what seemed to be happening. I was doing weights as well and it was starting to have a noticable effect. The weight loss slowed, stopped. Then restarted again after a while but my shape and tone changed rather noticably. Currently i've hovering just about 15 stone and am hoping to punch through that any week now.

We all want to see the numbers on the scale drop each week when we know we have put in the effort but be prepared for your body needing to stop and take a breath. Its more important then more then ever to mentally push yourself through that wall. As you approach goal it the increments you loose weight in will get smaller.

Well done though. Keep up the fight!

Just wondering cold someone plese help me and explain to me how to use weights properly? I started them last week and would only go near the weight machines for around 20 mins a day and dont feel comfortable asking staff as they don't seem very forthcoming.

I don't want to rush into it and injure myself. And whats better, machine weight or free style weights, for weight loss?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Just wondering cold someone plese help me and explain to me how to use weights properly? I started them last week and would only go near the weight machines for around 20 mins a day and dont feel comfortable asking staff as they don't seem very forthcoming.

I don't want to rush into it and injure myself. And whats better, machine weight or free style weights, for weight loss?

The consensus seems to be that free weights are better for building some muscle and aiding your weightloss.
    Compound movements which move a few joints at a time i.e. squats, presses, rows and pulls.

I suggest that you get in contact with a personal trainer if possible.
    There is the issue of how many sets and reps you should perform.
    Also if you do do free weights in compound exercises, you will need to be taught each movement properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Unwilling

WW is fine.. and everyone there is in the same boat. It's like a support group.
    You have to remember that you are doing this for YOU.
    Email me where you live - I'm hoping we live near each other and I'll go walking with you.... I was 16 and a half stone and tried every diet under the sun. Used all kinda excuses, my hormones, metabolic system blah blah. End of the day I lost 3 stone through hard excercise and changing my food. It is the only way.
    It's not easy but it is doable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Unwilling

This may sound a bit harsh but get over yourself. The staff are there to help you - that is what they get paid for.
    I know exactly where you are coming from... i've been there, but you need to take a deep breath and get out of them what you need.

And do the weights. You may not see such rapid weight loss, but your shape will change and your form and you'll tone up and clothes will fit better.

I've been "off" shall we say from fitness and weight loss for 7 months, but I'm back in the game now.. but had no motivation.
    YOU however have spurred me on and I'm determined to keep you going too also.
    THANK YOU - you're an inspiration....

Im exactly 15 stone now and have lost exactly 4 stone in 3 months, thanks for the help, now i hope i can get to my target weight (12.5 stone) by Christmas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭O.P.H

Im exactly 15 stone now and have lost exactly 4 stone in 3 months, thanks for the help, now i hope i can get to my target weight (12.5 stone) by Christmas!

LEGEND!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

Fair play man, very impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

**** me that's some progress. Took me about a year to lose that much.

Fair play to ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

thats great weight loss.... ive done it before and and know how hard it is... my heaviest weight was 18st 11 i just got really lazy and didnt do a thing only eat crap food. I lost 4 stone and thought that was good...then i put back on 2 stone and felt like ****. Right now Im 14st 9 . i want to get to 12st 9... Think I will start a new thread :)

ok I'v been 14 stone 9 pounds for the last 4 months and have not lost any more weight. But I have not been trying hard enough at all because I lack motivation and find it much harder to stay away from rubbish food like chocolate and buscuits etc. Thankfully I still go to the gym and make correct food choices in general ie. brown bread, skimmed milk, lean meat and vegatables etc. but the problem is No matter what I do I keep going back to eating the other rubbish mentioned above aswell especially at the weekend..when im in college during the week i can stay off it because i dont buy it, but the problem is when I come home at the weekend I binge like crazy on it no matter how much I tell myself i wont... its really frustrating because this has been going on the last 4 months... after a week in college I could come home and weigh 14 stone 7 pounds and then on the monday morning I go back weigh 14 stone 9 again... and this is happening every week... Any suggestions...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Welcome to the plateau.

(Im sorta stuck there myself).

You know what the problem is. Its your binging on the weekends.
    All of that needs to be worked off exercisewise before any further progress can be made. Just focus on one weekend getting it right. Just one then copy that in future.

One of the problems withe plateau is that your body gets used to the exerise routine you do. You need to shake it up and try something else that your body has not adapted to.

One point to note and credit yourself on. It is 4 months later and you have held your position. That is not easy to do. Loosing weight is relatively easy compared to keeping it off. Well done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement