Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice about resigning

Options
  • 10-07-2009 8:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭

Right so

I want to leave my job of nearly 2 years, to go back to college and work part time.
    I have done well in the job up to a point, more responsiblities etc got a bonus at xmas- work related performance. though still on the lowest end of pay scale
    But over the last 4 months, the stress levels are through the roof, poor management, mad hours and to be honest there is no improvement in sight
    I have a long term illness and my health and sanity are taking a hit big time.
    I got slated in my mid year review by my dept while other depts sang my praises. I was told there is no chance(his word not mine) or me even being considered for advancement, I was due to go on a project management training too ( company paid) but it was pulled on me

I was off sick for 2 weeks but still managed to do 20 % of the dept of 14 people for ytd

I am 24, no kids, partner or mortage.
    Am I mad?

Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Why would you be mad because you want to leave a job that is starting to be detrimental to your health and one that there's no chance to progress? Seems like a no brainer to me.

I know there's a recession on and getting work is tough but at least you seem to have a plan and want to go back to college, that is never a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

watsgone wrote: »

I am 24, no kids, partner or mortage.
    Am I mad?

Any advice appreciated

These are the best years of your life... Or so the saying goes. If you can afford it, and it's what you want to do, I'd not hesitate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

If you think that going to college will advance your career or get you into another line of work, I say go for it. Sounds like you're on a slippery slope in work anyway so you've got nothing to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Dark Stanley.

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think..........;)

Advertisement