Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ECCE Scheme School Not Participatin

Options
  • 10-07-2009 8:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi
    I was just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat....
    My son is going into his 2nd yr of Montessori & the school is not participating in the ECCE scheme as they only run 4 day wk & if you avail of the 4 day week option you have to have school running 41 weeks instead of 38 (same holidays as primary school) it is not an option to run school 41 wks as teachers have children in school and run holidays with local primary school. My son is very settled in this school & i dont want to take him out but find it very unfair that as the school is not participating that he is not given the grant that all other kids will be given. I phoned Kildare childcare centre & they more a less said if the school is not participating tough luck find somewhere else that is, his school fees is €70 a week even if the government paid half you would not mind...
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭emma82

Hi, I undertsand where your coming from but the school does have the right not to participate in ecce. Alot of schools simply cannot operate under the restrictions of ecce. I personally feel that if schools do not enter this time round i.e. from Jan to June 2010 then they will be forced to participate in ecce next yr. I know this is not much comfort to you as your son is settled. Are there other parents in your sons class that are in same position as you? perhaps you could all move school? If your in kildare is there good provision- nearby maybe? What you might find is that parents in your position will be accessing nearby childcare also. After losing the EYS money parents really need this break!!!

Advertisement