Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting out of Vodafone contract

• 10-07-2009 9:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

Is there any way out of a Vodafone contract?
    I want to go to O2 and need to get out of my contract with Vodafone.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Yes, pay the total line rental for the remainder of your contract.

so if you're on 50 a month and you've 6 months left, you owe them 300 quid before they'll release you.

you're welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Yes, pay the total line rental for the remainder of your contract.

so if you're on 50 a month and you've 6 months left, you owe them 300 quid before they'll release you.

you're welcome.

Thats the expensive way. If your 6months or more into youre contract, you can change to a lower plan. Change to the lowest one(19 euro i think), then cancel, then, going with the example above that you have 6 months left in youre contract, you will now only have to pay them 6(months)x 19(monthly fee)=114 euro.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

I was on a 12 month contract with Vodafone over a year ago.
    nothing went right during the 12months
    Every month I was calling with queries of over charges or being on the wrong package etc....
    I couldn't opt out without paying off the balance as 120_min said.
    So after 7-8 months of crap, I went onto the lowest/cheapest package available for the remaining 4 months...never again

I'm looking to move to 3 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Pablod wrote: »
    Every month I was calling with queries of over charges or being on the wrong package etc....
    So after 7-8 months of crap, I went onto the lowest/cheapest package available for the remaining 4 months...never again

out of the frying pan...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

i had the same problem with bills not being right and when you checked how many minutes you had left it would state that you had 200 when in fact you had 100.

i moved to 3 where my bills have been spot on since

Advertisement