Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which CD to buy?

• 10-07-2009 9:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I haz a silly question.

I am sitting in a different branch of my office, with no radio on as I cannot get a signal. Now, I would never normally consider this, but it's like a morgue in here. I think I will buy a CD (a cheap one hopefully) to play all day.

I am not alone. I have 2 new interns (spanish) with me here too, and no one else. They are not normally allowed the radio on here as the usual guy is a bit of a prick.

What CD will I buy?

I asked the 2 interns what music they liked and they said 'rock'. But i think spanish rock is a lot different to what I normally listen to! I don't know what I should buy as it will be out of my money and so I'd like at least for it to be something i'll listen to again.

I like thrash metal, old school sh*t, a bit of the auld black metal. Don't think it would be suitable somehow!

Any compilations i could go for which mightent be too heavy? I dont normally buy that sort of thing...:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Would you not make up some playlists on you tube of songs that ye all like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ihazaquestion

youtube is blocked here, just like most other things! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Why not buy one of the many generic rock compilations that are out there?

They tend to have Thin Lizzy, Foreigner, RamJam, Survivor etc on them, and make for decent background noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ihazaquestion

Kess73 wrote: »
    Why not buy one of the many generic rock compilations that are out there?

They tend to have Thin Lizzy, Foreigner, RamJam, Survivor etc on them, and make for decent background noise.

I was wanting something a little heavier though i know the girls are hating it now.... went for lamb of god in the end. why not. got a neil young cheap too so it'll even it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Crowcifer

Get a cheapo Deep Purple compilation 24 Carat Purple or Deepest Purple, summat like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭yknaa

Baron Rojo :-)
    Failing that how about Rage, Dream Evil or Priest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Metallica - The Black Album - every man and his dog likes this one. It's, just so......easy.

Also Soundgarden - Superunknown......

And....er....dunno what else.

Happy shopping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

oh and if www.youtube.com is blocked try ie.youtube.com for some reason certain work filters dont block that site and its the exact same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

oh and if www.youtube.com is blocked try ie.youtube.com for some reason certain work filters dont block that site and its the exact same!

Not against the mighty Websense!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭EddyC15

What Neil Young did you get?
    'Weld' is a double live album with Crazy Horse and definitely the heaviest thing in his catalogue. Great for clearing out pesky pests!

Check out Dark Angel for some old school Bay Area thrash.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

The new Anaal Nathrakh FTW!
    :pac:

Advertisement