Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blasphemy and updated charter

Options
  • 10-07-2009 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭

I was just wondering, seeing as the anti-blasphemy legislation is not actually signed into law, do warnings about blasphemy need to be in the charter already?

Surely it would cover Boards just to have the rule when the law actually exists?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

It'll be ignored, Ahern himself said the law has been framed to make it 'almost impossible to undertake a successful prosecution for blashphemy'. He just wants it there because he doesn't want to amend the Constitutional article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

It'll be ignored, Ahern himself said the law has been framed to make it 'almost impossible to undertake a successful prosecution for blashphemy'. He just wants it there because he doesn't want to amend the Constitutional article.

But I want to know if the boards mods will ignore the charter rule seeing as the law hasn't officially been signed into law yet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

But I want to know if the boards mods will ignore the charter rule seeing as the law hasn't officially been signed into law yet.

I think boards mods will in fact ignore the Constitution instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Ponster wrote: »
    I think boards mods will in fact ignore the Constitution instead.

Ok gotcha! Thanks

Advertisement