Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dream Irish Fights

Options
  • 10-07-2009 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭

I know that this has been posted before, but I'm in the midst of organising The Fight Before Christmas 2 this morning (I know I know, Christmas already!). I'm doing it now so I can try to get the right fights for the night organised well in advanced and so that the fighters involved can clear their schedules as I really don't care if I make any money on this one, I just want to put on a cracker with the pro fights I want to see.

So I put it to you fine ladies and gents of the Irish MMA world, what would you like to see? I have about 3 matches in mind, one of which I more or less have organised and the other two I'd like to see happen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

I always wanted to see Tim Murphy vs. Owen Roddy II (it hasn't happened has it? and Tim Murphy vs. Kevin McAlonan. There are some others but I can't remember everyone's names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

It would be nice if Tim Murphy Vs Gary Morris happened to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭roo1981

Tim and Gary would be interesting...I sense a lot of boards smack talk during the build up :D

Tom Egan and Emmet McNally would be a beast of a main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Emmet McNally vs Clive Staunton II gets my vote

Alan Hannon vs Tom Maguire

Ben Davis vs Connor McGregor

Tom Haddock vs Colin McKee

Mark O'Toole vs Gearoid McNicholl (won't happen as they are both EFR but it is dream matches after all)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Tom Haddock - John Donnelly (rematch)
    Greg Loughran - Francis Heagney (rematch)
    Emmet McNally - Tom Egan/Clive Staunton

• Advertisement

Valmont wrote: »
    I always wanted to see Tim Murphy vs. Owen Roddy II (it hasn't happened has it? and Tim Murphy vs. Kevin McAlonan. There are some others but I can't remember everyone's names.

Kevin fights lightweight now and it seems to be suiting him. I'm trying to make him and Alan Hannon happen for TW 5 in October

Tom Haddock - John Donnelly (rematch)
    Greg Loughran - Francis Heagney (rematch)
    Emmet McNally - Tom Egan/Clive Staunton

Tom Haddock - John Donnelly (rematch) - they had a great first fight alright, John is at welter now, though there have been rumors of a 77kg Tomahawk making an appearance, he is out injured now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

I second ben davis and Conor mcgregor,an explosive stand up war id imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

davmol wrote: »
    I second ben davis and Conor mcgregor,an explosive stand up war id imagine

I 3rd it!

But i actualy think it would end up a ground fight, for some reason this tends to happen when 2 strikers get together!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Get some coaches out of retirement...
    Mark Leonard Vs Andy Ryan :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

cowzerp wrote: »
    I 3rd it!

But i actualy think it would end up a ground fight, for some reason this tends to happen when 2 strikers get together!

I think the boys should get together and have a 'gentlemans agreement' like marcus david and chris lytle and agree to stand and bang."First to take it to the ground is a pussy" ....in their words

Tim_Murphy wrote: »

I would pay to see that, great match..

what about davey patterson v John Kavanagh on aswell..
    they might not match in weight though these days.

People are obviously fooled by my great strength into thinking I am a heavy weight, I ain't!
    John has retired from MMA and I think Davy is significantly heavier.

A better one would be Dave Jones vs Davey though there may be weight issues there too.

People are obviously fooled by my great strength into thinking I am a heavy weight, I ain't!
    John has retired from MMA and I think Davy is significantly heavier..
    What weight are you as you do look like a heavy? i thought i saw you fighting heavy before!
    did you not fight andy in sub wrestling before? you's would of matched up weight wise then i assume.

A better one would be Dave Jones vs Davey though there may be weight issues there too.

Yeah, im underestimating Davey's weight, im sure he fought 77 and john is prob 68 or so walking around.

So i'll change mine to Dave Jones V Davey Patterson!

Another match i'd like to see would be Robbie walsh v Mickey Young-them lads have infinished business..

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Kevin Moran

Tim_Murphy wrote: »

This fight alone would sell out a TW or a Team Ryano event! weight classes,smeight classes Mark :D

Ben Davis versus Steve McCombe at 65.8 would be an interesting affair, striker versus grappler maybe, in a modern MMA sense?

Timbo Murphy and Gary Morris too purely for the internet hype and epic staredown, no touching gloves there I'd say ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Pardon my ignorance but has Tom Egan fought another fight since January?

rovert wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance but has Tom Egan fought another fight since January?

Not yet, he need to make sure he's winning if he's to get back to the ufc so i assume he's working on his weaknesses and getting ready to try to get back to the top

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Clive Staunton v Tom Haddock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Sweet ideas folks. Consider me working on them. Keep them coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Clive Staunton v Tom Haddock

+1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

I'd like to Aidan Marron fight, not sure who though, he's a LW yeah?

Mick Leonard Tim Murphy rubber match. i beleive Mick has a Semipro victory over Murphy but Tim did the business under pro rules in a galway TW show.

Also Neil seery is one of the most exciting lads to watch these days. Maybe one of the big guns from the uk could be brought in?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Ive loads of fights in mind but im gonna keep them to myself. For my own show.........:D
    One however i would love to see on a show in Dublin would be Norman Parks from EFR vs Conor McGreagor from SBG @-70kgs. Potential classic.
    Im gonna PM you about our fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

This fight alone would sell out a TW or a Team Ryano event! weight classes,smeight classes Mark
    I concur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Marty, got the pm, I'll get round to it I'm just mentally busy at the mo! I have a better idea than your one though :)

I'm not sure Leonard/Ryan will happen. They've both been inactive for a long time now and I know Andy has really been focussing on his BJJ. I agree though, it would be a very interesting match up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Paddy Clint against anyone who will kick his ass and make me happy.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Coolio! Ive another one i could persuade from our place. U have PM....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 sonoflife

This fight alone would sell out a TW or a Team Ryano event! weight classes,smeight classes Mark :D

Ben Davis versus Steve McCombe at 65.8 would be an interesting affair, striker versus grappler maybe, in a modern MMA sense?

Timbo Murphy and Gary Morris too purely for the internet hype and epic staredown, no touching gloves there I'd say ;)

Yeh ide definantly like to see Tim vs Gary!...It should of happened before..Im not sure why it never???....An i think Myself vs Steve would be a good fight to!

A fight that was talked about a while back that comes to mind is Karl Roche V Mark Leonard, Karls back training and thats why it popped into my head..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 sonoflife

cowzerp wrote: »
    I 3rd it!

Yeh i think myself vs Conor would be a great fight!..Ide be abit light as im 70 kg after a chicken ball curry...lol...But ide stand and bang with anyone....And sometimes in the sport of mma u avto settle for a ground fight...Thats what i learnt after my fight with Peter Wilson at Tribalwarfare4!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 koking

Greg Loughran vs Tom Mc Guire
    Paddy Doherty vs Neil Seery
    Emmet Mc Nally vs Tom Egan
    Cowzerp vs Conor Mc Gregor
    Alan Hannon vs Norman Parks

Thats all the ones i can think on at the min

Advertisement