Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quickstep since changing diet

• 10-07-2009 10:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭

I recently changed my whole diet as I'm trying to lose a lot of weight. Also exercising and stuff.

Trouble is, since I changed my diet about a month and a half ago, I'm currently on my third case of diarrhea. I hadn't had diarrhea in about 10 years before that.

I used to get a good bit of fibre in my diet, but not a lot. I used to have bran flakes in the morning, and then there'd be the occasional sandwiches and stuff.

With the new diet, I have porridge in the mornings, and rarely have bread now. The odd roll or whatever but cut down a lot on bread.

Would it be a lack of fibre thats causing this? If so, how do I get more without affecting my diet a lot?

Only other possible cause which I just thought this morning, the three bouts of diarrhea have possibly come within a day or two of eating lots of cashew nuts. I'm not sure about this though. Could I have an intolerance to nuts? Not an allergy, but maybe I've just been eating too much of them

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Honestly dude. Go to your GP and come back to us once he's ruled out a medical cause for your symptoms. No point in talking about diet here if it's caused by something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

the diarrhoea could be caused by any number of things dude. No one here will be able to say definitively what is or isn't causing it. It's not what this forum is for. If your concerned about that then a trip to your GP is the only answer. It could well be related to your new diet plan, especially if it was a drastic enough change in eating habits.

As for as your diet is concerned, fair play for making the effort to change it for the better. Cutting out the bread is probably a good thing. The white sliced stuff we buy here is bread in only vague terms in my opinion. Some of the best sources of fibre are in fruit and veg, or in the grains family, so your on the right track with the porridge. There is a diet and nutrition forum here on boards.ie and I'd say if you have particular questions relating to that, those guys would be well placed to offer some advice.

If you want we can move this thread to that forum and see how you get on? Just remember medical advice is not allowed to be given

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think you could probably just lock it. I'll head to the GP to be sure. Thanks anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

ok well you know where we are

come back and let us know how the dieting etc is going!

Good Luck dude

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement