Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County Council Fundraising ?

Options
  • 11-07-2009 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Some time ago the county council put barriers on the carpark in Tullow (opposite the council offices/library) with an exit charge of 2 euros.

I'm sure the council would love to recover the cost of installing these barriers but nobody uses the carpark because of the charge.

They appear to have come up with a novel way of fundraising.

Earlier this week I noticed a group of travellers had taken up residence in the carpark. A total of maybe 6 or 8 vehicles so if ever they decide to move on the council could look forward to raising about 12-16 euros.
    This is not a huge amount of revenue but it's better than nothing.

However there is some good news, as I passed by this morning I noticed that the number of vehicles had substantialy increased to maybe 20/25 so the council can now raise around 50 euros..... not bad eh !
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement