Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving an Eircom Master Socket

Options
  • 10-07-2009 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

HI,

I have an old and damaged main (only) telephone socket coming into the house and I need to replace it. I have in another premises which is unused, a second Eircom line which is disconnected. This has a new Eircom Master Socket installed. It will never be used, so can I simply remove it and replace my old unit? Will Eircom have a problem with this (I think in the UK BT do not allow this).

Any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

eircom will replace the damaged one for you. Don't do it yourself as it's illegal to tamper with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 CorballyHouse

But will I have to pay a call out charge to Eircom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

No, that's what line rental is for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

ask them to put the socket with the buit in DSL filter on as well while you're at it...

Butr to answer your original question - there'd be no problem with doing that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 CorballyHouse

Thanks everyone...sorted over the weekend ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement