Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mp4 odd camcorder constantly crashing my imovie & qtime

Options
  • 10-07-2009 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

hi all.
    i have 2 (1.5gb) mp4 movie files that have been copied to desktop off camcorder.
    now ion my mac trying to import either of these files into imovie 08 or 09 crashes it when trying to generate thumbnails.
    they crash isquint 3/4 way through.

is there a solid convertor or splitter out there that i can cut these files into 4 smaller files.

i'm thinking its the size that is crashing imovie.

perhaps a handier 300mb file would fly in.

any tips would be really appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Benandonner

Boilsoft AVI/MPEG Splitter v5.16 does .mp4 files.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭davgtrek

Thanks B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 marksass

The size wouldn't affect imovie really, cos it's been built to handle hd footage for years now... a 1.5gb mp4 file? Maybe your bit rate is ridiculously high or the file is unfinished i.e. unusable. isquint is a free programme so I wouldn't trust it. If you have quicktime pro you could try exporting an mp4 with a lower bitrate or convert it to an .mov file. If you can't open it with quicktime bin it.

Advertisement