Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jokes, where do they come from? and have you...

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The ulnar nerve at the distal end of the humerus near the elbow is sometimes referred to in popular culture as 'the funny bone'. Striking this nerve can cause a tingling sensation ("funny" feeling), and sometimes a significant amount of pain.

The ulnar nerve is the largest unprotected nerve in the human body (meaning, unprotected by muscle or bone). This nerve is directly connected to the little finger, and the adjacent half of the ring finger, supplying the palmar side of these fingers.

You can get humour out of anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Here's one I made up.
    Me "A length of 4 by 2 softwood please"
    Assistant - "How long do you want it"
    Me - "I want to keep it !"

I use it all the time in hardware shops. Oh how they laugh !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Yeah I came up with this one.

Me: Do you like fishsticks????

Kanye West:well yes

Me: Ahh your a gay fish!!

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

Speaking of fish, this is one I came up with recently:

What do you call a tank full of homosexual fish?

An aqueerium

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

I recently came into some money. I was out of tissues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 eamonnf

Oliverdog wrote: »
    Here's one I made up.
    Me "A length of 4 by 2 softwood please"
    Assistant - "How long do you want it"
    Me - "I want to keep it !"

I use it all the time in hardware shops. Oh how they laugh !

I went into my local hardware shop and asked for some bolts for a gate. I think we went into the same shop as the guy asked "how long do you want them?". I answered "I was hoping to keep them for ever".

• Registered Users Posts: 46 eamonnf

One I made myself:

A man walks into a doctor's with a steering wheel down his trousers. The doctor says "I bet that's annoying". The man says "Of course it is, it's really painful! Are you a real doctor?".

The doctor then looks deflated that his attempt at humour failed, but helps the man. The man's health quickly turned a corner.

Alternative punchline:

"A steering wheel down your trousers!" says the doctor. "Yes" replies the man, "its driving me nuts!"

Advertisement