Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia Recruiters

Options
  • 10-07-2009 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Heading to Aus in January. I want to get in contact with a couple of good recruitment agencies in Aus (Sydney). Have been looking online and theres a million.

Just wondering has anyone dealt with any personally and would they recommend them. Looking for recruiters in Engineering and Science.

Cheers

Gafferino

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

gafferino are you Migrating full time or going on a 2 year WHV ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Hi Ozeire

WHV at the moment but if things go well would be open to staying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I'm sorry, but this is BS!
    Generally recruitment agencies are bullsh*t merchants.
    You send them your CV and they'll say "Oh that's great, sure I'll keep it on hold and send it around" ,.... yada yada yada
    they won't do a thing until you actually get here, as well they won't earn a penny until you get here.
    Unless you have an amazing CV.....

They are just like Ireland, I would say wait until Dec, as now your CV would just go in the reject bin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭irelandsown

Try the website below. I spent 4 months being shafted by every recruitment agency in Sydney before finding this website and landing two interviews in one day. I'm now in a permanent role with sponsorship cos the company didnt have to pay some crap recruiter to find me.

http://www.applydirect.com.au/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

gafferino wrote: »
    Hi Folks

Heading to Aus in January. I want to get in contact with a couple of good recruitment agencies in Aus (Sydney). Have been looking online and theres a million.

Just wondering has anyone dealt with any personally and would they recommend them. Looking for recruiters in Engineering and Science.

Cheers

Gafferino

Listen to me and Stubbie, come here hand CV in to everyone.

The ones that ring you back are good ones , the ones that get you a job on a WHV in your line of work you should probably marry

• Advertisement
Advertisement